What's Cooking for Valentine's Day 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubbys choice was Rib Eye Steak, Baked Potato, and Salad. I am making his choice plus Shrimp Scampi and Cheese cake with cherry and chocolate. He will be happy :)

Josie

Tonight we are having my Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Salad, Crispy French Onion Chicken, cauliflower, and rice. For dessert we are having "cream puff" ice-cream sandwiches with home-made chocolate sauce, strawberries, and whipped cream.

Here are photos:

Attachments

• ValentinesDinner_2011jpg.jpg
    ValentinesDinner_2011jpg.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 166
  • ValentinesDessert_2011.jpg
    ValentinesDessert_2011.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 167
  • ValentinesDessertCloseUp_2011.jpg
    ValentinesDessertCloseUp_2011.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 155
We took advantage of the lovely weather (trust me, above 35 and sunny? After this winter? And we know it isn't the beginning of spring, just a reprieve!) and strolled to town and had tapas at the local brew pub. Strolled back home and hubby made me his great French onion soup, while I took slices of emmenthal and melted on slices of hearty sourdough for the crouton part. It was all great.

The house is smelling lovely (Julia Childs voice here) with the smells of sauteeing vegetables and roasted garlic. And the brats have been gently placed upon the grates of the grill.
So I guess that means grub in about 25 minutes :chef:

Serving left over ribeye steaks from yesterday with new sides; baked potatoes and asparagus! Should be good. DH is on his way home.

Making Ratatouille for dinner tonight.. PM me for the recipe location.

Will be serving honey biscuits on the side...

-Damien
*post edited to remove link*

Last edited:
I had planned a red theme: red curry, red wine and red velvet cake for dessert. But we had an unexpected guest join us for dinner and I wasn't sure he'd like the spicy curry. So I changed course and ended up with chicken cordon bleu, grilled asparagus, sizzling fresh sweet corn & carrots with garlic rice. We had white wine instead and the red velvet cupcakes for dessert.

Bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon, onion and mushroom orzo, artichoke. Dessert later will be Strawberry Shortcake.

Flowers from my Valentine......:heart:
img_969600_0_ef052fd0de3479cb1e9fe989789aea7d.jpg
img_969600_1_69e1b0e61f95ca52a73c04d9c5e8b1b6.jpg

nothing special, leftovers. it's just me. my valentine is gone.

i realized that was a self pitying statement. my son sent me beautiful flowers and got them today.

i made asparagus and puff pastry roll ups again, and will have leftover fried zucchini and stuffed with crab mushrooms. gonna eat as soon as i finish my white russian. not a bad day all and all. :)

We had rotisserie chicken that I stuffed under the skin with fresh rosemary and garlic. Had more of the hash brown casserole on the side and a salad of romaine, Gorgonzola, blood oranges and toasted walnuts. Dressing was balsamic vinegar, olive oil and honey mustard. Last of the blackberry pie for dessert.

In the words of my sweetheart, "I'm full as a tick."

We had soup, salad and crusty peasant bread. DH wanted to have the left over (from my lunch share at work) Chicken Poblano Chowder. So....I had it for lunch and again for dinner. It's a good thing I really like it! Will have Red Velvet Cupcakes later for dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Dad and I ended up having beef dip and fries while watching the hockey game. Food was great, game was bogus.

My SO is recovering from eye surgery that he had last week. So, we are going to celebrate at a later date. Tonight, it's going to be homemade meatballs tossed in gravy and served atop rice. On the side, bread -n- butter and a nice salad.
This was dinner. I threw in some mixed vegies with the gravy and also included roasted cabbage and baby carrots on the side.
img_969667_0_6847abc55c1f1f2037973d114418a120.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom