What's Cooking for Wednesday January 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday was so beautiful here, 55 and sunny, that I could not stand being at work, so I left early and went home. Of course since I was home everybody expected me to make dinner, which I was happy to do, especially because all they wanted was pizza. Doesn’t get easier than that. I am too lazy to make my own dough, so I buy frozen Rhodes pizza dough. And there is a result below.
Since it was still pretty early I thought I better use up dough leftovers from making pierogies on Sunday, so I decided to make ravioli or as we call them in Russian pel’meni. Using my neat Pel’meni maker I made, oh about 170 or so. The picks. Below. The rest of the meat filling I was going to make meat sauce for spaghetti, but my daughter talk me into making meatballs which I completely messed up. I forgot to add eggs and bread crumbs. My wife will have to make some sauce and noodles and they will have somewhat addible dinner.

Looks GREAT! Where does one get a Pel'meni maker?
I was thinking the same thing. You can knock out a bunch of raviolis in no time with that.

I got lucky. It wasn't a problem with the filling at all. Part of the enamel broke off the tooth by the new filling and he only had to polish it a bit. So I can have anything I want tonight. Back to deciding what's for dinner again. I've been on a rampage of late to eat what is in the freezers, so I better start rummaging soon.

I got lucky. It wasn't a problem with the filling at all. Part of the enamel broke off the tooth by the new filling and he only had to polish it a bit. So I can have anything I want tonight. Back to deciding what's for dinner again. I've been on a rampage of late to eat what is in the freezers, so I better start rummaging soon.
Thats good news. Mouth pain makes your head feel like it's going to explode!

Looks GREAT! Where does one get a Pel'meni maker?
I was thinking the same thing. I found one online here:

RAVIOLI PELMENI MAKER MEAT DUMPLIN BRAND NEW!

I love Pel'meni. There used to be a restaurant not far from me that served them baked with sour cream. I've also seen recipes for Mushroom Pel'meni, which sounds delicious to me.

Maybe we can talk CharlieD into posting a recipe...

Thats good news. Mouth pain makes your head feel like it's going to explode!

I thought it was nice. I was giving myself much ado about nothing :LOL:

I think I'm going to make some loaded mac and cheese tonight. I've got some shredded jalapeno jack cheese I want to use up and also some broccoli. I'll thaw some kielbasa to throw in it, too.

I love Pel'meni. There used to be a restaurant not far from me that served them baked with sour cream. I've also seen recipes for Mushroom Pel'meni, which sounds delicious to me.

Oh, CharlieD, pretty, pretty please share your recipe!!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!! Another specialty gadget to go with my Krumkake iron, tortilla press, and rosette irons! We could start a Pel'meni thread to rival that pie maker thread! I'm ordering one to be delivered when I'm in MN (can't have it delivered before I get there--the geriatrics misplace packages).

Last edited:
I'm finally making the potato soup we have been wanting to have. I wanted to make it with leeks this time, as suggested by Laurie, but I couldn't find any in our town. :( I like the recipe in my Amish cookbook and will be following it. :yum:

Steve there are several russian stores in the area that sells them frozen. All you have to is boil. The only reason I make my own becasue i keep kosher and cannotbuy them from non-kosher store. I will try topost the recipe some time soon.

That is probably the best price i have seen in years on the pel'meni maker.

You can find bunch of different ones on E-Bay.

Last edited:
My family likes all different pizza too~ yours looks great!

We had Cobb salads for dinner tonight~ iceberg and baby spinach mix, with grilled chicken, tomato, diced egg, onion, bacon and blue cheese crumbled.
I wisked a vinaigrette with balsamic, honey, dijon and s&p.

Pork and veggie stir-fry

img_1094710_0_b0e4e27160066ea1dde10576efa8a058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom