What's cooking Friday 10/14/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself was freezing his butt off while stargazing tonight, so I made a big pot of cheesy cauliflower soup with a generous amount of cayenne pepper, and enough liquid smoke to make up for forgetting it last time. 'Twas yummy, and now all gone. :yum:

We got back late yesterday from our road trip to Newport Beach California,
a VERY long car ride ... DH has decided that we should take the "scenic route" from now on ... we got semi-lost four times! Rather than it taking us 6-7 (on the interstate) hours it was 10-11 hours on the back roads, Oye!

OMG, I hope you had extra gas and food with you. Scary getting even semi-lost in the desert.

I made roasted kielbasa and homegrown fingerling potatoes, along with garden salads. I halved the potatoes and tossed them in olive oil and Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Crispy kielbasa with homemade mustard, creamy delicious potatoes and crunchy tangy salad = :yum:

You're both most welcome. I thought they sounded a bit different and good too.
I'll let you know how they went over tomorrow.

Both brunch recipes were a hit however, they needed to be baked longer. It's a good thing I had a sheet pan under the casserole with the French Toast Streusel topping, as it boiled over. Phew, that sure would have been a mess!! They were delicious, and I'll make them again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom