"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-07-2016, 11:43 PM   #11
Master Chef

Tonight was lamb chops nicely seasoned and browned then simmered in water, lemon juice, fresh garlic and gravy master. Green salad side and a nice chilled white zin. The best part is nibbling the meat off the little rib bones and sucking all the garlic and lemon off them

Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

We had leftover creamy chicken-poblano soup over leftover stuffed poblano filling (rice, veggies and seasonings). Good stuff

(Kayelle, we're supposed to have a lot of rain this weekend, so I'll type up the recipe and post it )

Old 10-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey_f_squirrell View Post
how about my stove!!!!

went to heat up some chicken strips went to preheat the oven about 10 minutes into it i see an orange glow from the window.

i open up to see the inside of oven on fire withpopcorn and a melting bowl in the middle. got small fire extinguisher went to blast it it was dead... but needle still in green.

called 911 and they had to get fire trucks here before it got too out of hand... they were at an oktoberfest parade too so i am embarrased about that as well.

we are all safe but out a stove now and i am cleaning up white dust everywhere.

my 5 year old daughter had microwave popcorn in a plastic bowl and set it in the oven to keep the cat from eating it. i was unaware of it.

take it as a lesson from an idiot...

This is very bad. I keep a fire extinguisher by the stove too, haven't had to use it yet. Glad everything was OK!
Old 10-08-2016, 01:33 AM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
GotGarlic;1483137]We had leftover creamy chicken-poblano soup[/B] over leftover stuffed poblano filling (rice, veggies and seasonings). Good stuff

(Kayelle, we're supposed to have a lot of rain this weekend, so I'll type up the recipe and post it )
GG, could you write out that soup recipe when you have a chance??

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:39 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Sure. I wrote down the ingredients I used when I made it. I just need to type them into my Living Cookbook software along with the method and then I'll post it. I'll include variations, too, since I used stuff I had in the fridge that needed to be used.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:47 AM   #16
Master Chef

Thanks GG. I have some Hatch chili's in the freezer I'll be using. I really like poblano's too, so maybe a combo.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #17
Head Chef

Browned some beautiful lamb shanks in the slow cooker then threw in the prerequisite carrots, celery'n onions. Some broth, some garlic, rosemary and parsley. At the end I added some left over potatoes found at the back of the fridge. Thickened with Potato starch. Started that up for my visiting daughter.

I had mussels (she won't touch them)
Small chopped romas, jalapeno, garlic, cayenne, paprika, lil broth. I also threw in some tiny frozen pearl onions, just to be different.

think that one whole (seeded) jalapeno was a bit much, it was spicy!!! I used the whole thing because it was quite aged and I thought they lost their heat with time... guess not!

I still have 2 more meals from the mussels to go... will try to make them different, maybe one with bacon & cream? Heard of that many times but not tried it yet.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:41 AM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey_f_squirrell View Post
how about my stove!!!!...my 5 year old daughter had microwave popcorn in a plastic bowl and set it in the oven to keep the cat from eating it. i was unaware of it...
Oh NO! At least you were all safe. ~ When our son was in his teens he decided he could heat up what was left in his bag of microwaved popcorn in the toaster oven. While it was still IN the paper bag. And to think he was in the "gifted" program. Book smart, life stoopid. *sigh*

My head was hurting on and off in sympathy for all of you going through the low pressure weather. Hence, my late post for Friday night's supper. I made salads, and then we had cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham, with steamed broccoli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-07 22.41.50.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	25513  

Tags
cook, cooking