"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #11
Master Chef

Thanks, Kathy! Now, did you mean THE dish or the food on it? The plate was my Mom's, and might have been HER Mom's before that. The munchies included cherry tomatoes stuffed with Boursin cheese. Himself snagged one of those, too, in addition to the deviled egg. I hear this "yummmmm" off to my left when he grabbed one of those (I'm surprised the plate still looked full when he left) and said to him "what?". When I told him it was Boursin in the tomato he said that he thought it was plain cream cheese and that his bouche was amused. ("Amuse-bouche")

Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Got lucky! Came home to find my brother visiting. It is our annual country fair this weekend. I live a block away from the fairgrounds so we usually have all sorts of characters coming in and out all weekend. He brought chicken and veggie skewers for the grill. Now, I can just sit and drink a cold vodka and Blood Orange Sanpellegrino....heading to the fair tomorrow to find some old friends at the Beer Gardens....

Old 09-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We're having swordfish on the grill and steamed broccoli.
Sword has been really expensive here as of late. $15 / lb. at the supermarket, $20 / lb. yesterday at the pricey fish store. Hoping it drops a bit this fall.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Sword has been really expensive here as of late. $15 / lb. at the supermarket, $20 / lb. yesterday at the pricey fish store. Hoping it drops a bit this fall.
We do most of our our grocery shopping in Nashua. Swordfish was $10.99/Lb today.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
Head Chef

Walleye, rice w/ peas and broccoli.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #16
Master Chef

Oh boy....fabulous sounding dinners and pics this evening. CG, beautiful munchies plate and arranged so pretty! I love nibbly kinds of dinners.

Kathy Lee....I so want a slice of that bread right now.

Joey....I always love the looks of your fish and seafood dinners and tonight's is no exception.

Rock...I hope you have a nice visit with your bro and a great time at the fair - how nice to be able to get a break and kick back.

I had a bowl of leftover cream of broccoli/potato soup and a slice of garlic bread.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
My daughter had heat shaped ham ( yay my cookie cutter came to use) and cheese on hers and dad has pepperoni and left over ham, cheese and hot sauce. I skipped the cheese and went for chicken, basil, sun dried olives, tomatoes, Greek feta
and Parmesan.
Feta and Parmesan are cheeses, are they not?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

I was traveling home all day and the plane landed a little after 7 pm, so we ordered pizza from our neighborhood pizzeria. Got the Bigger Suprema - sliced Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green bell peppers and red onions. Good stuff
Old 09-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #19
Head Chef

I'm grilling up some beef kabobs later, even tho it will be dark outside. Summer went fast! Red and orange bell peppers are a bit on the pricey side now. $1.68 each. Green bell peppers are still just $0.68 each.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:14 AM   #20
Sous Chef

GotGarlic: True, but I didnt use the same cheese as the rest of family, I dont like that thick cover of cheese on my pizza.

Tags
cook, cooking