What's cooking Friday 9/9/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
London broil, Hassleback potatoes and undetermined yet veggie (maybe creamed spinach).

We had pizza! Pizza al taglio more then the famous round one, well I dont think you are snobs and think any thing but Pizza ala the original form from Naples is correct.

My daughter had heat shaped ham ( yay my cookie cutter came to use) and cheese on hers and dad has pepperoni and left over ham, cheese and hot sauce. I skipped the cheese and went for chicken, basil, sun dried olives, tomatoes, Greek feta
and Parmesan.

Not sure what it will be. Three more hours of work then home to rustle something up. I'm hankering for some Rigatoni alla Carbonara made with hot Italian sausage instead of bacon...

We're having a return of summer heat today (92 F at the moment), the AC is on, so it's outdoor cooking. Burgers on the grill, red potatoes and onions in foil packs on the grill.

We have about 3 T. of leftover tuna noodle casserole. I'll let DH have that. I'm making some broccoli salad. Can't find any regular bacon in the freezer, so I fried the heck out of some Canadian bacon I spelunked.

Or we may go out tonight. To be determined later.

Last edited:
A curry chicken salad with green grapes and almonds over lettuce. A great way to use up leftover, cooked chicken. For an appi, a French, double creme brie with crackers and tart, dried cherries, reconstituted in Madeira.

I had a job referred from one of my suppliers today that netted me $200.00. Ah, some breathing room! We were able to take advantage of some specials on short ribs and a custom cut, 7 bone, pot roast for later this week. I do the usual suspects vegie wise, but add parsnips and turnips.:yum:

We're cleaning leftovers up tonight. I decided that since I wasn't going to have a chance to play in the kitchen for supper, I made a nibbles tray. This is what happens when you get a taste for deviled eggs (PS - Himself snuck one before heading out on another telescope date...):

Attachments

• 2016-09-09 18.32.41.jpg
    2016-09-09 18.32.41.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 136
Having homemade cheese bread with a generous spread of butter and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Yum!

img_1479278_0_ba9b9e82c4b3f69561999d455645dba6.jpg

Lunch was Chinese Chicken a la Kathy, aka, clearing-out-the-fridge chicken. :LOL:
It was an edible mixture of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, celery, bacon and chicken.

Dinner is ??? Might go out, or have leftover salmon.

Thanks, Kathy! Now, did you mean THE dish or the food on it? :LOL: The plate was my Mom's, and might have been HER Mom's before that. The munchies included cherry tomatoes stuffed with Boursin cheese. Himself snagged one of those, too, in addition to the deviled egg. I hear this "yummmmm" off to my left when he grabbed one of those (I'm surprised the plate still looked full when he left) and said to him "what?". When I told him it was Boursin in the tomato he said that he thought it was plain cream cheese and that his bouche was amused. :LOL: ("Amuse-bouche")

Got lucky! Came home to find my brother visiting. It is our annual country fair this weekend. I live a block away from the fairgrounds so we usually have all sorts of characters coming in and out all weekend. He brought chicken and veggie skewers for the grill. Now, I can just sit and drink a cold vodka and Blood Orange Sanpellegrino....heading to the fair tomorrow to find some old friends at the Beer Gardens....:D

Sword has been really expensive here as of late. $15 / lb. at the supermarket, $20 / lb. yesterday at the pricey fish store. Hoping it drops a bit this fall.

We do most of our our grocery shopping in Nashua. Swordfish was $10.99/Lb today.

Oh boy....fabulous sounding dinners and pics this evening. CG, beautiful munchies plate and arranged so pretty! I love nibbly kinds of dinners.

Kathy Lee....I so want a slice of that bread right now. :yum:

Joey....I always love the looks of your fish and seafood dinners and tonight's is no exception. :yum:

Rock...I hope you have a nice visit with your bro and a great time at the fair - how nice to be able to get a break and kick back.

I had a bowl of leftover cream of broccoli/potato soup and a slice of garlic bread. :ermm::)

Last edited:
My daughter had heat shaped ham ( yay my cookie cutter came to use) and cheese on hers and dad has pepperoni and left over ham, cheese and hot sauce. I skipped the cheese and went for chicken, basil, sun dried olives, tomatoes, Greek feta
and Parmesan.

Feta and Parmesan are cheeses, are they not? ;)

I was traveling home all day and the plane landed a little after 7 pm, so we ordered pizza from our neighborhood pizzeria. Got the Bigger Suprema - sliced Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green bell peppers and red onions. Good stuff :yum:

I'm grilling up some beef kabobs later, even tho it will be dark outside. Summer went fast! Red and orange bell peppers are a bit on the pricey side now. $1.68 each. Green bell peppers are still just $0.68 each.

Last edited:
GotGarlic: True, but I didnt use the same cheese as the rest of family, I dont like that thick cover of cheese on my pizza.

Back
Top Bottom