What's Cooking Friday December 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I am away for a few days and still get to start this thread.

DH is working tonight so I am sending him off with chicken and rice. Dad and I are probably doing lunch out so won't want much for dinner - I'm thinking soup or hot dogs.

What are your plans for the Eve of Christmas Eve (or for TGIF for those who don't celebrate) :)

SO is flying to Fla. tomorrow and will be a nervous nellie. She won't eat much, maybe a salad. I'll make myself a sandwich of some kind or other, maybe meatloaf.

We're heading to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg tonight. My son's friend works there and gave us free family tickets. It's a pretty neat thing to see the park all lit up with lights and they have wonderful shows and music. The yungun took me last year and this year we'll take DH along too. We'll get something to eat there.

We're heading to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg tonight. My son's friend works there and gave us free family tickets. It's a pretty neat thing to see the park all lit up with lights and they have wonderful shows and music. The yungun took me last year and this year we'll take DH along too. We'll get something to eat there.

How wonderful jabbur!! Enjoy your family outing, one day I'm going to visit Willamsburg. I'm sure it will be a sight to see at this time of year.

I'm going to put on a pot of 16 bean soup with ham hocks for dinner.

My girlfriend works at a Deli/Meatery. I am also good friends with the owner, her boss. He is closing tomorrow for a week holidays so he has kindly laid some great perishible stock on us. Tonight we are having some 14 oz AAA Striploins.
Gotta love free meat!!!:clap:

We are going to have gnocchi and alfredo sauce for dinner. I'm going to make a big green salad to go with and we'll call it done after that.

Hot italian sausage and roasted red peppers over pasta & a salad here, with some pineapple for a sweet treat later.

Husband and I are driving our new motor home. We picked it up last night in Angola Indiana. Dinner's gonna be the McDonalds we stopped for an hour ago. I know, not exciting but gotta get some miles under our belt. We have basically no clue what we're doing but hope California will be in our future come CHRISTmas

if Christmas isn't colored red I give up I tried, I really really tried:wacko:

Last edited:
Ackkk. Computer had a major hiccup and had to spend a few days at the computer hospital. I doubt it missed me as much as I missed it.

I made round things for dinner tonight. Reheated Frozen meatballs, peas and made some smashed new potatoes with butter. Later this evening I will have a round of Christmas cookies served on a round plate. A small plate, if I can resist. :angel:

left over burger melt from last night. have been busy baking. have one more step in the cake pops. then going to quit for the night. will cover balls in candy melts tomorrow.

Still getting rid of the pasta I made a couple of days ago. And, tomorrow we're going to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo--so don't know what we'll eat when we get home. I so enjoyed the book--hope the movie is good!

SO is flying to Fla. tomorrow and will be a nervous nellie. She won't eat much, maybe a salad. I'll make myself a sandwich of some kind or other, maybe meatloaf.

A surprise change in plans. SO brought home several cuts of filet mignon that she got from work. I cooked them up in my CI skillet and we had a feast. Her boss was trying to cut steaks off a tenderloin and felt he had botched these pieces so he gave them to her.

My girlfriend works at a Deli/Meatery. I am also good friends with the owner, her boss. He is closing tomorrow for a week holidays so he has kindly laid some great perishible stock on us. Tonight we are having some 14 oz AAA Striploins.
Gotta love free meat!!!:clap:

Attachments

• DSC00172.jpg
    DSC00172.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 156

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom