What's Cooking Friday, September 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had the leftover spaghettinni from yesterday and some of the leftover pesto. There's still a fair bit of pesto left. It was pretty good.
I was thinking about making a chocolate mousse for dessert, but we are almost out of sugar. So, I made Brandy Alexanders for dessert. They were good, but I want to see if I can make them better. Aw shucks, gotta make some more. :ermm: :LOL: :yum:

I was thinking about making a chocolate mousse for dessert, but we are almost out of sugar. So, I made Brandy Alexanders for dessert. They were good, but I want to see if I can make them better. Aw shucks, gotta make some more. :ermm: :LOL: :yum:
Second round of brandy Alexanders were better: more creme de cacao, less brandy (same total amount of booze) and 1/2 the amount of cream. Also switched from 15% cream to 40% cream. That was really good. Next, I will see if I can find one of those premium chocolate liqueurs.

Second round of brandy Alexanders were better: more creme de cacao, less brandy (same total amount of booze) and 1/2 the amount of cream. Also switched from 15% cream to 40% cream. That was really good. Next, I will see if I can find one of those premium chocolate liqueurs.

Try swapping out the cream for some premium vanilla or chocolate ice cream, then buzz it in the blender! :yum:

taxlady said:
That sounds like a really good idea. I would probably whisk it rather than use a blender - less clean up. ;)

It does sound good!

I put a couple drops of dish deterg in my blender, add water, buzz, rinse, and Presto! Clean blender!

It does sound good!

I put a couple drops of dish deterg in my blender, add water, buzz, rinse, and Presto! Clean blender!
Yeah, but putting the whisk in the dishwasher is even easier and I don't have to put it on the dish rack to dry. I pretty much have creative laziness down to a science. :LOL:

taxlady said:
Yeah, but putting the whisk in the dishwasher is even easier and I don't have to put it on the dish rack to dry. I pretty much have creative laziness down to a science. :LOL:
Creative laziness, I like that! Though it does sound like a lot of work.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom