"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #21
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
The moment you all have been waiting for. The end to Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge! And what more fitting way to bid farewell to my culinary travels than to make a dish symbolizing American Capitalism (and gluttony) that was actually invented in Pittsburgh!
I give to you, the Big Mac! My style, grilled, but it's all there. And layered correctly, too
Impressive!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #22
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
The moment you all have been waiting for. The end to Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge! And what more fitting way to bid farewell to my culinary travels than to make a dish symbolizing American Capitalism (and gluttony) that was actually invented in Pittsburgh!
I give to you, the Big Mac! My style, grilled, but it's all there. And layered correctly, too

Excellent as usual! Did you have to buy and eat a lot of Big Macs for research?

Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:

oboyoboyoboYYY!!!! what a great ppp finale, pac!!!! your big mac is a way-crazy-awesome-craveburger!!!! (what's your sauce?)
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #24
Master Chef

I made sloppy joes with tater-tots

Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
Executive Chef

We were out this afternoon, we missed lunch, so decided to stop at a local eatery for an early dinner. I had some fabulous baby back ribs, I had my choice of traditional or honey rubbed, since I don't like BBQ sauce that much, I had the honey rubbed and I must tell you they were great and I will be trying to copy that glaze/rub The waitress was kind enough to warn me that there was a small amount of chili powder used (not a problem for me)she said it just gave them a little "kick"(could have kicked even more IMO)! Yum! Since this was a half rack portion under the appetizer section, I also ordered a cup of their "loaded" potato soup. DH had a smoked turkey club sandwich which he reported was equally good.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
Cook

Potato salad and club sandwiches. Not the best, but it beat cooking a big meal since no one wanted to drive 20 miles to town to eat out.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
We both enjoy a nice steak, so we had grilled steaks. Just right and almost 2-inches thick. Sauteed onions and mushrooms on top and a mixed salad of romaine, kalamata olives, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and some kind of yummy little peppers that were stuffed with mozzarella cheese wrapped in prosciutto. Washed it down with iced tea and both of us were too full to even consider one little Christmas cookie for dessert. Oh, well, the cookies will still be here tomorrow.

all throughout my growing up years, i routinely sacrificed the dessert course of meals so that i could pack in some more steak, potatoes, mushrooms, etc...even to this day, if i'm sitting down to a really tasty meal, i will pile on a second or third helping onto my plate, foregoing the most tempting of desserts, no problem....
Old 01-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Excellent as usual! Did you have to buy and eat a lot of Big Macs for research?
Just one I wanted to make sure my layers were consistent with the pics I was seeing. Otherwise it would be just another burger with two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
oboyoboyoboYYY!!!! what a great ppp finale, pac!!!! your big mac is a way-crazy-awesome-craveburger!!!! (what's your sauce?)
I used Thousand Island dressing. It seemed close enough. That first bite felt just like I was biting into a big mac, but then the grilled burgers kicked in, so it was like a big mac if BK made them

Thanks again. It was fun.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #29
Executive Chef

so, if you were to add tomato then your big mac could also qualify as a bk whopper!! (the whopper was my fave fast food burger sandwich--cos it was grilled. i no longer eat either one, but i'd sure go for one of yours, pac! :)

got any plans for next season?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
so, if you were to add tomato then your big mac could also qualify as a bk whopper!! (the whopper was my fave fast food burger sandwich--cos it was grilled. i no longer eat either one, but i'd sure go for one of yours, pac! :)

got any plans for next season?
lol, I was thinking that when I was taking a shower this morning... that if I had added a slice of tomato that I erroneously bought, changed the sauce to ketchup and mayo, I'd have a Whopper

My plans for next season are to not do this again
Even I thought it got to be a bit much finding a food and cooking it on such and such a day and on a weekly basis. I did run across some nice foods that I wouldn't have otherwise though.

Tags
cooking