What's cooking Jan 01, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Our big meal today was lunch.

Grilled Rack of Lamb, salad and stir-fried brusel sprouts.

6614251375_c9620059fd.jpg
[/url]
Grilled Rack of Lamb by powerplantop, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice picture. The healthy omelette I'm planning for dinner (using extra egg whites after egg nog making...yum) won't look nearly as colorful as this!

Last edited:
I'll be making pizza. The dough is thawing and I have the toppings all ready to go. I'll put it together in about an hour. I'll also chop up some lettuce for salads and we have lots of cookies and candies left from Christmas for dessert.

That looks delectable PPO...I love lamb, and you've cooked it perfectly! We barbequed two partly boneless legs of lamb for Christmas dinner. I'd never seen them like that before. They looked like two large chicken thighs, and they were delicious. :chef:

I have two thick Rib Eye steaks to put on the barby later. We'll have some southern greens cooked with salt pork in honor of my Mom who always said I had to have southern greens on NY Day so I'd always have green folding money. I don't really believe in that superstition, but I always do it anyway just because she insisted.
We'll also have good ole garlic toast, made with MsM's recipe for garlic butter.

Happy New Year Everyone!!:heart:
May all of you have the best year of your lives!:flowers:

Today is the day you all have been looking towards, the last week of PPPC.
I will be having another culinary delight from the city of Pittsburgh!

Prime rib, mushroom bread pudding, creamed greens and I haven't decided on the carrot preparation yet.

That looks delectable PPO...I love lamb, and you've cooked it perfectly! We barbequed two partly boneless legs of lamb for Christmas dinner. I'd never seen them like that before. They looked like two large chicken thighs, and they were delicious. :chef:

Thanks, that is the way that I like it cooked. Just warm it up in the middle.

I have never seen those either. I have bought boneless leg of lamb before and I like cooking it. But today I went all out. The lamb was marinated in a paste of flat leaf parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.

Thanks, that is the way that I like it cooked. Just warm it up in the middle.

I have never seen those either. I have bought boneless leg of lamb before and I like cooking it. But today I went all out. The lamb was marinated in a paste of flat leaf parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.

Sounds good, PPO. Our lamb was marinated overnight in fine chopped fresh mint, grated garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and Madeira wine :yum:

Pork Loin Roast
Mashed Potatoes with Sauerkraut
Black Eyed Peas with chopped Onion
Kale sprinkled with Apple Cider Vinegar
Dilled Honey Glazed Carrots
Old Fashioned Corn Bread made with Butter Milk(NO Flour or Sugar)

View attachment 12721

Last edited:
Our big meal today was lunch.

Grilled Rack of Lamb, salad and stir-fried brusel sprouts.

That looks really yummy. Not going to happen at my house. The DH likes his meat well done, he doesn't eat raw tomatoes, and he gets nauseous just smelling Brussels sprouts.

I'll be making that chicken cacciatore I wanted to make yesterday. The chicken is now defrosted. I'll make a salad to go with that, but there is never tomato or cucumber in salad that my DH is going to eat.

Uhh, it won't be long now :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PPPC wk-17 Pgh1.jpg
    PPPC wk-17 Pgh1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 145
Tonight I'm making shrimp, sauteed in a garlic/butter/white wine sauce with red pepper flakes. Serving it with steamed asparagus and brown rice. Dessert will be a deep dark decadent Devil's Food Cake with a dark chocolate ganache.

The moment you all have been waiting for. The end to Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge! And what more fitting way to bid farewell to my culinary travels than to make a dish symbolizing American Capitalism (and gluttony) that was actually invented in Pittsburgh!
I give to you, the Big Mac! :chef: My style, grilled, but it's all there. And layered correctly, too :D

Attachments

• PPPC wk-17 Pgh2.jpg
    PPPC wk-17 Pgh2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 150
The moment you all have been waiting for. The end to Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge! And what more fitting way to bid farewell to my culinary travels than to make a dish symbolizing American Capitalism (and gluttony) that was actually invented in Pittsburgh!
I give to you, the Big Mac! :chef: My style, grilled, but it's all there. And layered correctly, too :D

:clap::punk::clap: A JOB WELL DONE PAC !! :clap::punk::clap:

We both enjoy a nice steak, so we had grilled steaks. Just right and almost 2-inches thick. Sauteed onions and mushrooms on top and a mixed salad of romaine, kalamata olives, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and some kind of yummy little peppers that were stuffed with mozzarella cheese wrapped in prosciutto. Washed it down with iced tea and both of us were too full to even consider one little Christmas cookie for dessert. Oh, well, the cookies will still be here tomorrow.

We both enjoy a nice steak, so we had grilled steaks. Just right and almost 2-inches thick. Sauteed onions and mushrooms on top and a mixed salad of romaine, kalamata olives, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and some kind of yummy little peppers that were stuffed with mozzarella cheese wrapped in prosciutto. Washed it down with iced tea and both of us were too full to even consider one little Christmas cookie for dessert. Oh, well, the cookies will still be here tomorrow.

Next time start the meal with the cookies. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom