What's cooking Monday 5/25/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did the "Qing" on Sunday. We had chicken and andouille gumbo. Finished prepping and stuffing a couple kinds of sausage and rubbed the tasso which has to cure for a week. So I will be smoking again next weekend!:)

Addie, it's a take on the "Popeye's" fast-food name/sign. They've redesigned it in recent years but, for a long while, the way the letters were placed it looked more like "Pope yes" than "Popeye's." To this day, I still call it Pope Yes.

Thanks for that Katie. I didn't have a clue either. :wacko:

Well after a weekend battling blood sugar problems I am now officially a type 2 diabetic. I had been gearing up for this for awhile, but then I had to cut out animal fat because of liver problems. Apparently that lowered my protein and upped my sugar levels because of all the fruit I was eating (and tons of apple juice for detox).

So, my diet is changing once again.:ROFLMAO:

Last night I had a small portion of tortellini with a light primavera sauce and a salad. It was nice!

This isn't the first time I have had to go back to eating red meat. I will stick mostly to chicken and fish as they are my preferences, but having cooked for my Dad for years and being a special diets cook, I pretty well know the drill!

LP, sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, but it sounds like you've got a handle on it. It's good to see you back. :)

Joey....holy cow, talk about asparagus on steroids! :ohmy: Pizza looks great too, and I like your collection of cast iron on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom