What's cooking Monday 5/25/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
(USA - Memorial Day unofficial start of summer)

When DD#1 gets home from work. Going to grill (using hickory and mesquite smoke chips in the smoke box) burgers, dogs and steamed white corn on the cob (going to char a bit on the grill, we like the brown marks on the corn). Served with homemade salads - pasta salad (no mayo), mac salad and bean salad. Also doctored B&M baked beans and kraut.

The flag is waving in all it's glory from the top of the porch on this Memorial Day.

img_1423276_0_8fb0d06934ffcaac518693d92795ac99.jpg

I've grilled the last two nights so dinner will be from the stove tonight. It's too early here for me to decide so I'm waiting to be inspired.

Yes, the Pope is providing our dinner tonight. Fried chicken, red beans and rice and other stuff.

Grilled up some steaks this morning.
Everybody has to work here today.Planned ahead and cooked some pinto beans over night in the crock.

Now I'm making a huge pot of bite sized steak, pinto & kidney bean chili.
Let it all cook in the crock pot all day.
Jalapeno corn bread on the side.

I'm craving a grilled cheese, chili sammich.
Make it messy on the side.:pig:

I made roasted fiddlehead fern pesto. I used roasted walnuts instead of pinenuts, parm. cheese, walnut oil and EVOO, garlic. Tossed linguini with it and whipped up a side salad of romaine lettuce, radishes, sunflower shoots, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and EVOO as the dressing.

Yes, the Pope is providing our dinner tonight. Fried chicken, red beans and rice and other stuff.

Okay. What's with the Pope cooking? Clue me in please.

I can't help wondering how PF and Shrek are doing on this holiday. I must think of her several times every day. I hope someone did the cooking for them today. They deserve it. :angel:

I went to my daughter's home early in the day. We headed out to hit the stores. She couldn't stand seeing me in clothes that were hanging off me. So I got a new outfit. Then she did the BBQing of chicken wings and pieces of beef. B&M beans to go with it along with two salads.

I had a couple of pieces of the beef and a spoonful of beans. Now I really needed a nap and so did she. So she brought me back home and in two seconds I was out like a light. Didn't have to tell me twice to lay down.

I know my daughter likes to have beans anytime she turns on the BBQ grill. So I was toying all weekend with the idea of buying a two quart bean pot and make some beans for her the old fashion way like I did when she was a kid. I had second thoughts and decided against it. I may never use that bean pot again. No, I didn't need to go to that extreme. :angel:

Joey, those are ginormous asparagus!

Traditional cookout food: hot dogs, potato salad, coleslaw. We were going to attempt black-and-tans again, but I forgot to chill the beer. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom