What's cooking Monday December 28, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  • Pseudo-gazpacho
  • Sweet potatoes with cinnamon-cranberry chevre.

left over ham with honey glaze, mashed pot. and gravy. whole cranberry sauce, hot rolls and butter to eat with sauce. it was just yummy. best ham i can remember, cooks i think, already sliced. yum again

Today was easy. I have a couple of elderly ladies I read to a couple of times a week. One is blind, the other is completely chair-bound from severe arthritis. Because of weather and the holidays I haven't been up to see them for a week or two. So today one daughter and we got together and arranged a small party for the two. The gals provided the booze (which they don't get much of these days)(yes, there was medical consultation to make sure we weren't doing anything wrong), and for the most part, we all gathered together foods leftover from previous holiday parties, which made it great fun. A friend took the leftovers from a spectacular prime rib she made for Christmas dinner and made small sandwiches (finger food as such is great .. One is blind and the other so arthritic that anything they can eat with out feeling embarassed is a good thing). I made my signature artichoke dip and used up a bunch of odds and ends of crackers and party breads I had. Others baked sweets. All had a lovely time, and my two ladies were absolutely thrilled.

Linguine and meatballs

img_868272_0_c546a489ed3502819cf087f7c7c94e93.jpg

img_868272_1_9805d15c65706c0ba4083c13fe751436.jpg
That really looks delish!!.... better than 1/2 a Whopper I had.

A smorgasbord of leftovers: Pan-fried trout, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, kasha, and green beans.

Back
Top Bottom