Whats cooking Monday February 22, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Good day everyone!!

I think it will be cheesy chicken and broccoli mac.

Good Morning, msmofet!
waving2.gif

I'm going to make something using leftovers from last night's dinner. I have pork roast, potatoes and broth leftover.... probably a soup or something. I could use the broth and make a gravy and add vegies to the meat/potatoes and make a shepherd's pie kinda thing.

Good Morning, msmofet!
waving2.gif

I'm going to make something using leftovers from last night's dinner. I have pork roast, potatoes and broth leftover.... probably a soup or something. I could use the broth and make a gravy and add vegies to the meat/potatoes and make a shepherd's pie kinda thing.
Good day VB!!
waving2.gif
i rarely have leftovers :(

A couple of youth group leaders brought the food that was left over from their retreat. I was supposed to go, but instead organized the food and gave instructions on what to do with it ;). It was donated/made by parents and I fully expected it to go home with them but they all wanted me to have it.

So Dad had some hamburger soup for lunch and I had some delicious chicken noodle soup. For dinner we will have lasagna (very surprised any came back until I saw that it has spinach in it :LOL:).

Oh, one more thing was in one of the coolers they dropped off - a paper towel with the following written on it:
"We Love you MLo Thanks and get well soon!"
(MLo stands for Mom Laurie).

for some reason breakfast for dinner sounds good to me today... I found a pancake mix from a local company and we have real maple syrup... It's just one of those days!

A couple of youth group leaders brought the food that was left over from their retreat. I was supposed to go, but instead organized the food and gave instructions on what to do with it ;). It was donated/made by parents and I fully expected it to go home with them but they all wanted me to have it.

So Dad had some hamburger soup for lunch and I had some delicious chicken noodle soup. For dinner we will have lasagna (very surprised any came back until I saw that it has spinach in it :LOL:).

Oh, one more thing was in one of the coolers they dropped off - a paper towel with the following written on it:
"We Love you MLo Thanks and get well soon!"
(MLo stands for Mom Laurie).
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how nice!! feel better MLolo!!

A fine assortment of "must-goes" along side a freshly made salad. Something has to be fresh-made today so DH thinks I haven't been on the computer all afternoon!:ROFLMAO: Besides, I was busy all day yesterday after a night of broken sleep; I deserve a day off, right?

Anyhoo, I'll be doing a cooking marathon tomorrow; gotta clean out the old before I cram in the new...

I baked a chicken last night, so I'll slice off some dark and white meat, warm it in gravy and serve over egg noodles. (wish I had some schrooms for the gravy).....

Good Morning, msmofet!
waving2.gif

My favorite way to use up leftover roast.

I am making penne pasta with steamed veg and some butter/evoo/parm cheese.

We're going to clean out the fridge. There's chicken and rice, chicken and noodles, BBQ ribs, baked beans, green beans, and grocery store (good) fried chicken. Grandson is here...gotta fill him up with something other than his usual beer and frozen pizza diet.

Cheesy chicken breast and broccoli mac (made with Kraft in the blue box yup).

img_879779_0_40ecaca14a55756cccb56658bc78d2f3.jpg

Pasta and asparagus with butter and Parmigiano-Romano, and a salad of spring greens with garlic & herb chevre and a tarragon vinaigrette.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 155
I have mushrooms....you can have some of my 'shrooms if I can have some of your chicken-n-gravy.:chef:

Oh, and for you: YouTube - Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years - Live 1973 Midnight Special
Can't believe we actually dressed like that at one time!:ohmy:

Thank you for the trip down memory lane.;) I actually still like those clothes.

I don't like the clothes (although I wore them) but the music is good.

I did Chicken Milanese with a mustard, roasted garlic, lemon sauce and some penne with mushrooms, onions, capers, peas and some fresh herbs with a white wine sauce

Back
Top Bottom