"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Eldest daughter having a birthday so since she mad a small sugestion here is what sh wants stuffed mushroom, tournedos cooked rare and covered with more mushrooms, Shrimp cocktail, Garlic mashed potatoes, the garlic is cooked in heavey cream til soft asparagus wrapped in pancetta after roasting then shaved parm on top a green salad with anchovey dressing. Home made rolls and I bought a birthday cake
Were done
kades
Wow, sounds wonderful, Kades!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Wow, sounds wonderful, Kades!
Here's hoping I can get it all done
kades

Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Certified Cake Maniac

No one feeling great here. Dad had creamed ham on toast, I had some tortellini that was left over from the soup I made yesterday with some cream, butter and parmesan (almost Alfredo) and I sent DH off to work with some of the soup (minus the tortellini) and a couple of gluten free biscuits (I had some soup at lunch).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to garlicjosh
I've got to home made vegetarian brats in a skillet right now and am getting the oven preheated to reheat some pizza I made last night. Simply night here.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Just leftovers here. But sure wish I was eating at Kadesma's or Rocklobster's!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking
Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #26
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
I have never made cabbage rolls before so I looked up a recipe on-line. Went ahead and made the dish although I am sure that the person who wrote the recipe would not recognize it in it's finished form. The recipe called for hamburger and I used a mix of ground venison and pork. I also added green peppers, onions and celery to the meat mixture as well as pepper. Then instead of tomatoe sauce I whirred up 3/4 quart of mild sweet salsa in the food processor and poured that over the cabbage rolls. The rolls were supposed to be put in a large pot and simmered for an hour on the stovetop. But I put them in a 9x13 baking dish and covered it with foil. Then I put it in a 350 degree oven to bake. It's in there now. It should be interesting to see how it turns out. It's still cabbage rolls but it is nothing like the traditional recipe that I started with. If it doesn't turn out well my family may be eating out tonight!

Well, the family must have like the cabbage rolls (wonder of wonders!) because I made six servings and when I got home from work there was barely one serving left and there are only two of them!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #27
Master Chef

Lunch Red and green butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hardboiled egg and toasted sliced almonds.

Dinner Hamburger on a poppy seed roll with cheese, pickle, fried onions and Tabasco spicy (hot) ketchup, green salad and macaroni salad (small shells, tuna, celery, onion, green onion, cheddar, mayo, sour cream, white vinegar, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns).

Old 03-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

it was my boy's birthday today, so we asked him where he'd like to go to dinner. he's an old pro having dined out with us since he was about 2 or 3. (yes, it can be done but it takes 2 parents full time).

he first wanted korean bbq, then said red lobster after watching a commercial for the same.

so we decided we'd support a local japanese restaurant that's helping out the disaster in japan and go for hibachi.

the dinner was a lot of fun. our hibachi chef was very talented spinning, tossing, tapping and banging his utensils.

and his knife was incredibly sharp. he barely gripped it with his fingertips when he slid it through things with ease.

we started with the hibachi shrimp appy, then dw had the chicken and scallops, and my boy and i had filet mignon and more shrimp.

afterwards, the waiters did the haddy dur day-- bansai bansai bansai thing replete with dragon.

it was fun.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Nice plates, MsM. The burger looks delicious.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #30
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Here is the Spaghetti with Clam sauce and the Smothered Eggplant. I got a new camera last week. So, I'm probably going to drive you all nuts..
I hope that means you'll be posting shots from music gigs as well as food.

Tags
cooking