What's cooking Monday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eldest daughter having a birthday so since she mad a small sugestion here is what sh wants stuffed mushroom, tournedos cooked rare and covered with more mushrooms, Shrimp cocktail, Garlic mashed potatoes, the garlic is cooked in heavey cream til soft asparagus wrapped in pancetta after roasting then shaved parm on top a green salad with anchovey dressing. Home made rolls and I bought a birthday cake
Were done:LOL:
kades

Wow, sounds wonderful, Kades!

No one feeling great here. Dad had creamed ham on toast, I had some tortellini that was left over from the soup I made yesterday with some cream, butter and parmesan (almost Alfredo) and I sent DH off to work with some of the soup (minus the tortellini) and a couple of gluten free biscuits (I had some soup at lunch).

I've got to home made vegetarian brats in a skillet right now and am getting the oven preheated to reheat some pizza I made last night. Simply night here.

Just leftovers here. But sure wish I was eating at Kadesma's or Rocklobster's!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Last edited:
I have never made cabbage rolls before so I looked up a recipe on-line. Went ahead and made the dish although I am sure that the person who wrote the recipe would not recognize it in it's finished form. The recipe called for hamburger and I used a mix of ground venison and pork. I also added green peppers, onions and celery to the meat mixture as well as pepper. Then instead of tomatoe sauce I whirred up 3/4 quart of mild sweet salsa in the food processor and poured that over the cabbage rolls. The rolls were supposed to be put in a large pot and simmered for an hour on the stovetop. But I put them in a 9x13 baking dish and covered it with foil. Then I put it in a 350 degree oven to bake. It's in there now. It should be interesting to see how it turns out. It's still cabbage rolls but it is nothing like the traditional recipe that I started with. If it doesn't turn out well my family may be eating out tonight!:LOL:

Well, the family must have like the cabbage rolls (wonder of wonders!) because I made six servings and when I got home from work there was barely one serving left and there are only two of them!

Lunch – Red and green butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hardboiled egg and toasted sliced almonds.

img_984315_0_08a906a7658f56d5408aa94ac17a9123.jpg

Dinner – Hamburger on a poppy seed roll with cheese, pickle, fried onions and Tabasco spicy (hot) ketchup, green salad and macaroni salad (small shells, tuna, celery, onion, green onion, cheddar, mayo, sour cream, white vinegar, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns).

img_984315_1_496f421e408029787f9ba7531e9af9f1.jpg

it was my boy's birthday today, so we asked him where he'd like to go to dinner. he's an old pro having dined out with us since he was about 2 or 3. (yes, it can be done but it takes 2 parents full time).

he first wanted korean bbq, then said red lobster after watching a commercial for the same.

so we decided we'd support a local japanese restaurant that's helping out the disaster in japan and go for hibachi.

the dinner was a lot of fun. our hibachi chef was very talented spinning, tossing, tapping and banging his utensils.

and his knife was incredibly sharp. he barely gripped it with his fingertips when he slid it through things with ease.

we started with the hibachi shrimp appy, then dw had the chicken and scallops, and my boy and i had filet mignon and more shrimp.

afterwards, the waiters did the haddy dur day-- bansai bansai bansai thing replete with dragon.

it was fun.

Due to work and school obligations our 18 year old is very seldom home for dinner these days. So when she makes a special dinner request I usually try to accomodate her.

Tonight she asked if we could have Mac & Cheese, so that's what's on the menu.

it was my boy's birthday today, so we asked him where he'd like to go to dinner. he's an old pro having dined out with us since he was about 2 or 3. (yes, it can be done but it takes 2 parents full time).

he first wanted korean bbq, then said red lobster after watching a commercial for the same.

so we decided we'd support a local japanese restaurant that's helping out the disaster in japan and go for hibachi.

the dinner was a lot of fun. our hibachi chef was very talented spinning, tossing, tapping and banging his utensils.

and his knife was incredibly sharp. he barely gripped it with his fingertips when he slid it through things with ease.

we started with the hibachi shrimp appy, then dw had the chicken and scallops, and my boy and i had filet mignon and more shrimp.

afterwards, the waiters did the haddy dur day-- bansai bansai bansai thing replete with dragon.

it was fun.
Bucky happy birthday to that big boy. Glad you all had a special day.
kades

it was fun.

you are such a good dad. he will remember all the loving things you do.:)

thanks very much, kads and babe. he's such a good kid that he deserves all the love and attention we can give him. straight a's in school all year, student of the year candidate, the most accomplished scout in his tiger den and so on. (lol, sorry about the bragging).

but i can take no credit, i'm only passing on the things my dad taught me, and my boy makes it easy to continue those things.

he wants to do everything that i do, even better. it's a constant reminded of how blessed we are to have this time in life.

thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom