What's cooking Monday May 17, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have the begining of an idea but I need to think about it some more. :chef:

What do you have planned?

going to do a brisket of corned beef and the usual veg. easy tasty and can eat off it during the week.

ricotta pancakes

does anyone have a really good recipe for ricotta pancakes that's not too mushy or doughy???

thx

I don't know if the cow that provided the ground beef for my dinner was holy or not. I know it only had about 12% fat content (Nutri-System).

last night I marinated 2 1/2 pounds of deer tenderloin, so will be cooking up fresh batches of bulgogi over the next several days...over brown rice, with some frozen veggies I want to use up..

shrimp sautéed in garlic butter, rice (maybe some brown for a change) small salad with fresh cooked carrots in it. and some veg. thinking cauliflower with tiny sprinkle of cheese,

made choco cookies with salt free butter and splenda. that will be dessert. since i am feeling well my appetite is back. that may or may not be a good thing.

We had blackened catfish, couscous, corn on the cob and a salad.

Next time I do the catfish like this I will have to figure out how to not smoke myself out of the kitchen. :)

Meatball burgers (ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses, fresh - onions, garlic and basil, ground mixed peppercorns, Sea salt, Garlic, Onion, Thyme, Rosemary, Red pepper flakes and oregano) on a bed of homemade tomato sauce, side are - tomato and mozzarella salad (tomatoes, cubed mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh garlic, EVOO, sea salt and ground pepper), spinach salad (baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, sliced hard boiled egg and crumbled bacon) drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, EVOO, herbs and spices).

img_896803_0_0d51aab33ac21bb199c6bcfb15809f4e.jpg

img_896803_1_91ea17ff7a1b7c9bf49bfd44552d8ee1.jpg

oh wow msmofit....wish I had dinner at your house!!

Husband is still out of town so I grilled a nice little steak for myself with a simple green salad. It was pretty good, but I hate eating alone. Glad he will be back tomorrow.

oh wow msmofit....wish I had dinner at your house!!

Husband is still out of town so I grilled a nice little steak for myself with a simple green salad. It was pretty good, but I hate eating alone. Glad he will be back tomorrow.
thank you kayelle

dinner went over great for both me & jake.
i poached 2 chix-breasts in a very highly-seasoned liquid so i could shred them.
made a sour cream sauce & a guacamole.
corn/roasted red pepper/chiles/seasonings/lard/oive oil/lime were roasted together.
smushed black bns./garlic & seasonings went into lard for smushing.
diced tomato, sliced iceberg lettuce, cheddar-jack cheese, scallions, chiles, sour cream (plain & my seasoned kind), & cilantro for a garnish.
flour tortillas & nachos, also, for compiling the stuffing items onto!
garlic abound, & cilantro, chiles, lime.
great food!

also gonna cook this last skillet-steak for a sammich for jake for his lunch.

shrimp sautéed in garlic butter, rice (maybe some brown for a change) small salad with fresh cooked carrots in it. and some veg. thinking cauliflower with tiny sprinkle of cheese,

made choco cookies with salt free butter and splenda. that will be dessert. since i am feeling well my appetite is back. that may or may not be a good thing.
babe,
maybe I can help, double up on low carb veggies, that is what I do. I sometimes eat a whole bag of steamed spinach without fat of any kind just vinegar. I love greens of any kind. Meat the size of the a pack of cards or back of my hand 2 oz. then I love summer tomatoes, and douse them with vinegar and pepper, So it's meat. maybe a 3 oz or small backed potato with just a tiny bit of margarine or butter and a sliced green onion and pepper just ideas. You've got a good hold on it already. The main thing is testing before and after meals and fasting and at bedtime.
kades:)

Back
Top Bottom