What's Cooking Monday November 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Alix. I well understand your loss. My Condolences. Now I have a lump in my throat for you.

I had The Perfect Cold Turkey Sandwich today. The Way I like it.
Sour dough bread. I had a regular French bread loaf
Put together in this order. This is important.
Spread one slice bread with mayo.
Turkey slices
Stuffing/ dressing, smoothed out
Cranberries
Bacon ( I didn’t have any)
A slice of garden tomato ( they are out of season)
Avocado slices
One leaf crisp romaine
Spread Top slice of bread with Thick blue cheese dressing
Cut in half. Enjoy.
The only Optional way to go about this is the bread may be toasted and cucumber slices, Sprouts or pickle slices can be added in a dire emergency. :chef:

I made cheeseburger pizzas tonight.

Ground beef
Onion
Green Pepper (for Kathleen)
Motz and cheddar blend.

And lots of tea. The ultimate comfort food. Thank you all for all your kindness. This is where I come to find comfort when I'm down.

Our food today was strictly fast and easy. We had our mac and cheese, tea and cookies.

Frank, your dinner sounds especially delicious.

We lost our 20 yr old kitty today. Comfort food tonight. I think the only thing I'm up to making is mac and cheese.

(((hugs)))

I remember crying after we buried our 15 year old cat. I remember smiling that two atheists were really hoping there is a kitty heaven.

We had "bachelor surprise" (stir fried: frozen vegi mix, ground beef, chopped onions, cooked brown basmati rice, and sprinkled with sesame seeds) and home made vegetable soup. I couldn't be bothered to season the food 'cause I splashed hot bacon grease on my hand. :ohmy: The soup was fine without any seasoning and the bachelor surprise was fine with the addition of some hot sauce at the table.

(((hugs)))

I remember crying after we buried our 15 year old cat. I remember smiling that two atheists were really hoping there is a kitty heaven.
Wait one dog-gone minute. If there isn't a kitty heaven, I'm not going. That's what I told my grandma when I was six if there wasn't a dog heaven. I have ALWAYS assumed there was both--a kitty and dog heaven and that my friends who have pased and who were involved with rescue are there waiting since they've been taking care of the animals--not going it it's not true--I promised Kelli, Jayke, Winston, Ernie, Kirk, Forest, Buster, Roz, Missy, and all the others that I would meet them there. Just like I refused to go to kindergarden, if it weren't true, not going to happen. I don't want to be proven a liar.

Last edited:
taxlady said:
(((hugs)))

We had "bachelor surprise" (stir fried: frozen vegi mix, ground beef, chopped onions, cooked brown basmati rice, and sprinkled with sesame seeds) and home made vegetable soup. I couldn't be bothered to season the food 'cause I splashed hot bacon grease on my hand. :ohmy: The soup was fine without any seasoning and the bachelor surprise was fine with the addition of some hot sauce at the table.

I've made Bachelor Surprise many times not knowing what to call it. I call mine busy mom surprise. :)

Alix said:
We lost our 20 yr old kitty today. Comfort food tonight. I think the only thing I'm up to making is mac and cheese.

So sorry for your loss Alix. I know how you feel. We loss our cat while we where on a cruise and she was at the vet's house. It is raining here so we are having comfort food too. Taco meatloaf, baked mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom