What's cooking? Monday October 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYBrit

Senior Cook
Since nobody started a thread yet I thought I'd have a go.

Today I'm going to be making baked chickpeas. And later on chicken sausages with mash and some Bisto granulated gravy granules that I was able to pick up yesterday. That gravy goes so well with mash.

I'm planning on cooking all day today. I am going to make bread, pretzels, I think I will make a pumpkin pie maybe and maybe a roast for dinner.

I had lunch with dh, daughter and grandaughter, so I will probably have the quesadilla that I couldn't eat and dh will probably have a sandwich.

So, the chickpeas are in the oven now, baking with paprika, ground ginger and lemon pepper with olive oil. I'll let you know how they turn out.

i med.-cooked eggs-in-the-shell yesterday; that's my dinner. seasalt & pepper w/ them.

Seafood Empanadas for lunch. Planning sea bass tonight.

img_926334_0_139c49bf2fb006284a5f8358ebfd1f98.jpg
http://www.discusscooking.com/attac...926334_0_139c49bf2fb006284a5f8358ebfd1f98.jpg

I am still in the process of working out something for dinner. I have produce I need to use: Baby spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, cubanelle peppers, broccoli, broccoli rabe, basil, garlic, onions, red potatoes, yukon potatoes and salad greens.

Well, in our house it will either be Thanksgiving leftovers or mini ravioli with rose sauce and a spinach salad.

What do you use for the dough? I have only had them with masa.They look very tasty!

I used premade Empanada pastry. Here it is in the stores. But it was like pre made pie dough. I did use fresh local seafood, I think they were better than what they serve at the local restaurants but I am guessing they make them in batches and frezze them.

Bake stuffed pork chops (herb and cranberry stuffing), baked sweet potatoes, steamed fresh green beans.

Back
Top Bottom