What's cooking Monday October 12, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
hopefully homemade sausage bread and pizza. if not plan B to be determined.

whats cooking by you.

My baby turns 21 today, so we are taking her out for dinner, drinks. Starting at On the Border, apparently they have a Patron Margarita. I'll be driving, don't like tequila anyway!!!

My baby turns 21 today, so we are taking her out for dinner, drinks. Starting at On the Border, apparently they have a Patron Margarita. I'll be driving, don't like tequila anyway!!!

that is wonderful sweetie!! happy bday to her and happy labor day to you. i think the mom deserves a gift also. {{hug}}
have a fantastic time tonight. and be careful driving in the snow.

My oldest girl will be 21 on dec 2 but she hates alcohol. i'll let her drives cuz i like watermellon ritas!! :LOL:

Leftover thanksgiving food today. And really nothing formal as I don't feel like doing much of anything. Forage for yourselves family!

Going out for a second Thanksgiving/birthday dinner, this time with my sister.

Dad had me pick out dessert yesterday at my favourite bakery (chocolate cream puff trifle, delicious!). Then my sister phoned and said she made dessert but wasn't happy with it (never is) so she bought something else and they gave her a free pumpkin pie (which she hates). She is bringing it all plus I have my first ever pumpkin tarts, my first attempt at purple velvet cupcakes and a chocolate zucchini bread.

Who needs dinner?:whistling

Going out for a second Thanksgiving/birthday dinner, this time with my sister.

Dad had me pick out dessert yesterday at my favourite bakery (chocolate cream puff trifle, delicious!). Then my sister phoned and said she made dessert but wasn't happy with it (never is) so she bought something else and they gave her a free pumpkin pie (which she hates). She is bringing it all plus I have my first ever pumpkin tarts, my first attempt at purple velvet cupcakes and a chocolate zucchini bread.

Who needs dinner?:whistling
purple velvet cupcakes? got pictures? i would be interested in the purple, i got a thing with blood and i can't even look at the red velvet without gagging. i can't watch that scene in steel magnolias with the armidillo red velvet, it looks to much like road kill. sorry if i grossed you out but...................

purple velvet cupcakes? got pictures? i would be interested in the purple, i got a thing with blood and i can't even look at the red velvet without gagging. i can't watch that scene in steel magnolias with the armidillo red velvet, it looks to much like road kill. sorry if i grossed you out but...................

You can't gross me out Ms M.

I didn't take pictures of the first ones because they didn't quite turn out the way I want. I am trying to develop my "signature cupcake"! Once I perfect it I will show you pictures.

O.K., I mad some curry, sort of, didn't really follow a recipe. I thawed some chicken tenders, threw them into a saute pan with diced onion, dried red chili peppers (whole), curry powder (yeah, I know), powdered ginger, some tomato sauce, yogurt, a bit of lime peel, and a dollop of peanut butter.
Having it with some basmati rice for lunch.

I have no idea.
questionedf.gif

I'll have to let you know later.

It's thanksgiving today, but Nick and I celebrated on Saturday in Montreal. Tonight I am making a cheese fondue with pears, polish sausage and bread... and for main course we're having seafood fondue with swordfish, scallops, and shrimp with mushrooms to dip.

A few sips of bourbon ~~~~
Red Beans & Rice with Andouille and Tasso ~~~~
A pone of Corn bread made with fresh ground meal ~~~~
Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream ~~~~

We're having oven-fried pork chops, green beans and new potatoes. DH is also going to cook a pork loin roast while he has the oven on, and I may as well put in the big sweet potato I bought the other day, as well. I like them served like a baked potato, with just butter.

It's thanksgiving today, but Nick and I celebrated on Saturday in Montreal. Tonight I am making a cheese fondue with pears, polish sausage and bread... and for main course we're having seafood fondue with swordfish, scallops, and shrimp with mushrooms to dip.

That sounds amazing! Fondue is a great fit fall evening.

Tonight we are revisiting the Thanksgiving meal from last night. I'll add a new fresh green veg but everything else is good to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom