What's cooking Monday September 21, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msmofet.... I couldn't wait any longer.. I threw together a meatloaf and put in the crock-pot on high. I'm probably going to have home fries and green beans with it.... french bread.
i'm so sorry about that vb. sick daughter. still haven't made dinner, probably will be a late one. i'm now not sure how i will use the left over roast beef.

i'm so sorry about that vb. sick daughter. still haven't made dinner, probably will be a late one. i'm now not sure how i will use the left over roast beef.
How about dicing the meat, adding some shredded potatoes,diced onion put in pastry and make pasties a green salad or just the pasties as sammies shoud work...?
kades;)

How about dicing the meat, adding some shredded potatoes,diced onion put in pastry and make pasties a green salad or just the pasties as sammies shoud work...?
kades;)
thank you kads. i was going to make hash with the beef, diced potatoes, onion and burgundy gravy. or saute some onions, add the burgundy gravy and simmer. bake potatoes then cut open top with julianned beef then the onion gravy.

Pan-grilled chicken breasts with apple BBQ sauce (using applesauce I made over the weekend!), corn on the cob, green beans, and sliced baked apples.

Leftovers....herb encrusted chicken legs & thighs, sauteed grape tomatoes with fresh parm, a salad & some fresh bread. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

scratch the baked apples - the sauce is a touch on the sweet side (new recipe) and I think it'd be too much sweet if I made both. We picked some honey crisps at the orchard last weekend; I think we'll have fresh apples instead. They're a bit tart and crispy, so they'll go great with everything else. Although there's not much they don't go well with.
love-smiley-038.gif

Leftover roast beef with gravy on buttered sliced french bread. Green beans for a veg. and homemade applesauce for dessert.

Dinner:

The left over eye round was perfectly cooked and i just couldn't bring myself to over cook it in a hash so this is what became of it.

Strips of sliced eye round roast over potatoes, onions, carrots, peas, pearl onions cooked in burgundy gravy with chives and thyme.

img_851792_0_60a8ac86b0a2c65f2c0b603925ddf2cd.jpg

img_851792_1_656dd3db0fdea2996c6076eb93a8908d.jpg

The process, and more pics, are on my blog. We got snow yesterday, so this was nice and warm!

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 147
awwwwwwwwwwww no pictures? i am glad it all worked out.

I've got to get my camera in sync with my computer, then I'll start posting. I've yet to make something worth capturing. ;) Presentation wise of course. My dishes usually look kinda sloppy, but TASTY.

I've got to get my camera in sync with my computer, then I'll start posting. I've yet to make something worth capturing. ;) Presentation wise of course. My dishes usually look kinda sloppy, but TASTY.
plating will get better. that you made it is all that counts here. show us your wonderful creations.

No worries at all Jennifer. The very LAST thing I'm thinking about when getting a meal on the table is breaking out the friggin camera & taking pictures. Trust me - not all of us have that kind of time.

Back
Top Bottom