What's cooking Monday September 28, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
hmmmmmmmmm ham steak and salad ...................... maybe.

what about you?

Tonight I am making some thai fishcake things I got yesterday and then some salad or something to go with it for dinner! Will see whan I get home, the fishcakes are definates though ;)

dh is motivating back home today, not sure of the time of his arrival.....will bake off some potato and sweet potato chunks, and reheat them with some pizza when i see the whites of his eyes..

Just a simple stirfry with shrimp, and egg rolls on the side.
Made some Fresh Rolls for a little get together yesterday, and the
leftovers will be disassembled and recreated as stirfry.

The wind brought the first cold snap of the fall through last night. It's blustery and rainy and dark. So, I've got beans soaking for the first chili of the season. We'll have it with cornbread and green beans, and some crisp, cool, sweet-tart apples on the side.

Sloppy Joes and potato chips.
I must have tried 100 different recipes for joes. Have a hard time finding one dh and I both like. I don't like them to tart from the vinegar.

Totally not sure. DH is working today so we will have our main meal at lunch (2 hours away) and I have absolutely no idea! Will probably report after the fact!

Tonight is going to be fresh fish of some kind. I'm not sure exactly what kind, yet. I'm about to take a stroll down the main strip in my small town, and on the way back I'll stop into my local seafood shop. I'll update when I get to that point. :)

I may make fish tacos of some kind, we'll see!

Tonight we're having the frozen leftovers of my adaptation of Mexico Karen's "Mexican Meatballs" (made with ground turkey & baked instead of cooked in broth).

I defrosted the little devils in the microwave & then nestled them into a large skillet of (dare I say it!) Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice mix tweaked with 2 chopped medium yellow tomatoes from the farmers market & 1 can of Rotel HOT diced tomatoes with Habanero peppers. Sprinkled everything with lots of extra-sharp cheddar cheese & will serve with a green salad on the side once poor Mr. B, who had to work late is currently fighting DC traffic, gets home.

We had pork chops, green bean almondine, two leftover salads, and roasted potatoes for the others and pasta for me. When we digest a bit we'll finish off with chocolate raspberry cake and homemade ice cream.

A lousy bean salad - Blech - Couldn't cook, because we lost power for 5 hours due to a heavy rainstorm. Made up for the lousy dinner with a great dessert - Starbucks' Java Chip Ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce. Mmmmmmm.

We were supposed to have homemade pizza for James' birthday dinner, but we ate lunch so late that we ended up just having orange cake with chocolate frosting, and cookies and cream ice cream. We will have the pizza tomorrow. :)

:)Barbara

The weather had me craving even more comfort food...I ended up making homemade chocolate frozen yogurt and baking some peanut butter cookies, too. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom