"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
Master Chef

ok someone please tell me what porcupine meatballs are please.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
We had no money to go out, and I was hit by another bout of kidney stones, so we ended up eating really late. I was in the mood for one of the things my mom used to make, so we had porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Barbara
awwwwwwwww so sorry barb, i have just started being plagued by kidney stones. not fun at all. hope you feel better soon. muahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
They're baked meatballs studded with pine nuts stuck into them to resemble porcupine needles.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
They're baked meatballs studded with pine nuts stuck into them to resemble porcupine needles.
thank you. my mom made meatballs with raisins and pinenuts inside them to go with raviolis that had sugar added to the cheese filling. my grandpa had to have this meal once a month for sunday dinner because back when he was a child in Italy his mom made this for him.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
thank you. my mom made meatballs with raisins and pinenuts inside them to go with raviolis that had sugar added to the cheese filling. my grandpa had to have this meal once a month for sunday dinner because back when he was a child in Italy his mom made this for him.
The meatballs my grandmother made had rice in them. The pine nuts and raisins sound wonderful.
kades
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
The meatballs my grandmother made had rice in them. The pine nuts and raisins sound wonderful.
kades
I was never a big sweet eater so a meal like that just wasn't for me. sweet meatballs and raviolis wasn't to my liking. they were served with regular tomato sauce but it tasted sweet from the meatballs and raviolis.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Mine have onion, egg, uncooked white rice, and a little milk. The sauce has canned tomatoes and parsley. I don't usually bake mine, but I did last night (browned in skillet first). I served the rest tonight as shepherds pie, broken up with green beans and mashed potatoes on top.

Barbara

Tags
cooking, dinner, menu, supper