What's cooking Mother's Day, Sunday May 9, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Happy Mothers Day!!

I am making my own dinner tonight - meatloaf (MY WAY!!), mashed potatoes, gravy and spinach.

What are your plans?

Smoke'n a prime rib now for my parents. Rubbed w/k.salt, blk pepper, granulated garlic, chipolte pwdr and dill. On a pellet smoker at 225* use'n mesquite.

Ever tried smoked meatloaf, Msmofet? It's the TNT.:mrgreen:

Smoke'n a prime rib now for my parents. Rubbed w/k.salt, blk pepper, granulated garlic, chipolte pwdr and dill. On a pellet smoker at 225* use'n mesquite.

Ever tried smoked meatloaf, Msmofet? It's the TNT.:mrgreen:
I wish I could but I don't have a smoker. I love smoked meats. you prime rib sound awesome!!

Mimosa and pastry for breakfast.

Cocktails and appys in the afternoon.

Roast beef, mashed potato and broccoli for dinner.

Cookies and ice cream for dessert.

And I let her control the remote for the evening.

What's cooking? NOT ME!! My son is cooking for me at the restaurant this afternoon. With sushi and hibachi, I'll be full and won't have to cook supper. If anyone gets hungry, there's sandwich fixings in the fridge!

Out for brunch and cocktails with my girls, dinner out with everyone and then back here for dessert, cream puffs and ice cream cake
kades

I made brunch for my mother, three cheese quiche with sausage and mushrooms, and homemade buttermilk biscuits with fresh peach preserves. That followed by three hours of reminiscing and conversation made for a very lovely time! :chef:

i am having left overs from my mini turkey dinner last night. i don't enjoy eating out. and my kids are afraid to cook for me. they say i am to good. daughter was here on friday from hemet. i'll see my son sometime today. after his church probably. he sent me flowers and always has a nice gift (gift certificate from one of my favorite stores) he knows how much i love em. daughter brought me body lotion, a brand i love, a beautiful loaf of garlic bread and bruschetta. it is wonderful.

I got taken out for Mother's day lunch and I had wonderful fish and chips. I haven't been eating a lot but it was delicious.

It is do or die for our hockey team tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks and it starts early so it is hotdogs and root beer in front of the TV for Dad and I. DH is working.

What a good boy you are!

DH fixed me sausage and blueberry pancakes for brunch, and tonight we're having reruns of Swiss Steak with sliced onions, mushrooms, fresh asparagus and brown rice. The steak is so tender you can cut it with a fork.

I am having:
Turkey Breast
Vegetable Tian
Stuffing Seasoned Rice
Orange Crush Float

REALLY the remote!!! She's a lucky, lucky woman... :censored::ROFLMAO:

My wife was out all day, I was home with the kids, but I managed to make leg of lamb with couscous, and couple of cakes.Though cakes were not for today, I did saved some for taste tasting.

I was out at a ball tournament all weekend (freezing!!) and go chinese take out for supper. MMMMMM!

My Girls took me out for brunch, one had stuffed brioche french toast and fruit cup with creme anglese the other had eggs benedect and a beautiful salad of fresh baby green ,candied walnuts and heanly sweet straberries, the dressin had a little evoo and was tangy with a nice champagne vinegar with fresh cackeked black pepper, I had the same salad and grilled asparagus, with two poaced eggs on top, then topped again with a mixture of hazelnuts that were toasted, crisp pancetta and sweet chopped tomatoes in a vinegrette that was wonderful. Mimosa for me to start things off, the girls had oh heavens I can't think of the name, tomatoe juice, celey stick vodka, shrachi,tabasco, and fresh crushed garlic. tatsty but I don't like hot:) It was fun and we areplanning totake one Saturday a month and try all the new places and just relax and enjoy.
Today was perfect Dessert was a cream puff filled with espresso whipped cream and topped with chocolate. I had made some cream puffs so we each took one bite and headed home:LOL:
kadesma

We had no money to go out, and I was hit by another bout of kidney stones, so we ended up eating really late. I was in the mood for one of the things my mom used to make, so we had porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

:)Barbara

Im doing the dessert for Mom! easy no bake cream cheese mini cakes with green tea flavored frosting;)Happy Mother's day to all!!!

Well, since I hate dining out on holidays & had a taste for grilled turkey burgers with all the fixings (cheddar, blue cheese dressing, hot spicy dill pickle chips, spicy ketchup, thinly sliced red onion, fresh leaf lettuce from the farmers market, etc.), that's what hubby made me for Mother's Day. Really hit the spot.

Back
Top Bottom