"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
Master Chef

Glad you mentioned Cabbage Soup Cheryl. I'll be making it soon too, as it's been a long time. This recipe might interest you that I posted 5 yrs ago..
Sweet n Sour Sausage Cabbage Soup

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
Executive Chef

We made a pot of french onion soup today and a pan of apple crisp made with harelson apples from the back yard.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #13
Master Chef

Kay, thank you for sharing your cabbage soup recipe, it sounds delicious! Copied and saved.

Whisk...now I've got a hankering for French onion soup as well. Apple crisp sounds like the perfect dessert for it.

I just love when the weather cools down and soups return to the menu.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #14
Proud American

Joyce made her wonderful sausage corn bread! And her Great Northern beans with all the seasons, corn on the cob and peanut butter ice cream on graham crackers for dessert!

Very nice!

~Cat
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Hope the pain flare up goes away soon LP.

I was going to make meatballs. I took the ground beef out of the freezer yesterday. It's the free range beef I got with CWS. It's wrapped in butcher paper. So, as I was about to start tonight's supper, I opened the butcher paper and dumped the meat into a mixing bowl. It was a chunk. I fished the wrapping out of the garbage. It said 1.5 # tenderloin.

That threw me right off. Had to quick make a new meal plan. I made steak au poivre, roasted vegis, and roasted potato wedges. It was quite good, but am I going make with the leftover 9 ounces of beef tenderloin?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Hope the pain flare up goes away soon LP.

I was going to make meatballs. I took the ground beef out of the freezer yesterday. It's the free range beef I got with CWS. It's wrapped in butcher paper. So, as I was about to start tonight's supper, I opened the butcher paper and dumped the meat into a mixing bowl. It was a chunk. I fished the wrapping out of the garbage. It said 1.5 # tenderloin.

That threw me right off. Had to quick make a new meal plan. I made steak au poivre, roasted vegis, and roasted potato wedges. It was quite good, but am I going make with the leftover 9 ounces of beef tenderloin?

Mm mm! I like to have sliced leftover beef in top of a salad. French onion soup would be great with that!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Tonight I baked chicken thighs with Greek seasonings, baby red potatoes and diced onions. I also made green salad and toasted French bread served with olive oil seasoned with zaa'tar.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #18
Master Chef

That looks delicious, Taxy!

You could cube the leftover tenderloin and pan fry, and if you have any of that delicious looking gravy left, mix it all together and serve over egg noodles for a quickie version of beef stroganoff....?
Old 10-05-2015, 12:01 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Mm mm! I like to have sliced leftover beef in top of a salad. French onion soup would be great with that!
It's something I like to do with leftover cooked beef too. But, it's not really what I would call a leftover, since I didn't cook the rest of the beef. I'm looking for inspiration for cooking the rest of the defrosted beef tenderloin. BTW, it was from Conrad. For those who don't know, Conrad was a free range baby bull that CWS and I shared half of.

Thanks Cheryl, it was tasty.

I would make Stroganoff, but Stirling doesn't much care for it.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #20
Master Chef

That looks wonderful Taxi.

Speaking for only myself, if I had that high quality leftover raw beef tenderloin, there's no doubt at all I'd be doing this...Steak Tartare (Tartare de Filet de Boeuf) Recipe | SAVEUR

PS, I know Sterling might need something else. ;)

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook, cooking