What's Cooking? October 4, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxy, I would suggest that you send it to me. I'll figure out a recipe and report back to you on the results. ;)

A stir fry might be nice.

I'm not sure. TB took me out last night and Kay was going to make me a birthday dinner tonight; however, she isn't making it over until tomorrow now. Also, I have been having a huge pain flare so it may be something really simple.

We ended up ordering Chinese and although I ate very little, it was really good. My neighbour brought over some gluten free cheesecake with whipped cream and strawberry sauce! Yum!

Taxy, thanks for the well wishes. Your food looks amazing!

We ended up with Hardee's Little Thickburgers. They are not little, but pretty darn good. We got a two for one coupon in the mail.

I'll have to scrap my beautiful lasagna that I made yesterday. The sausage was freezer-burned, and ruined the whole dish.

Last edited:
That looks wonderful Taxi.

Speaking for only myself, if I had that high quality leftover raw beef tenderloin, there's no doubt at all I'd be doing this...Steak Tartare (Tartare de Filet de Boeuf) Recipe | SAVEUR

PS, I know Sterling might need something else. ;)
Steak Tartar sounds like a great idea. I don't understand it, but even though Stirling doesn't like rare steak, he does like steak tartar.

I'm gonna check some other recipes for steak tartar. My wrist just isn't up for chopping that much meat by hand. I'm sure I will need some tips if I'm going to use a meat grinder or a food processor.

We ended up with Hardee's Little Thickburgers. They are not little, but pretty darn good. We got a two for one coupon in the mail.

I'll have to scrap my beautiful lasagna that I made yesterday. The sausage was freezer-burned, and ruined the whole dish.

What a shame Dawg!
Dang, that happened to me once too with freezer burned Italian sausage. Maybe it's something about I. sausage?
It looked ok at the time, but nooooooooo. I'm sure careful with freezing it now.:(

Thanks, Kay. It really is a shame, lots of cheese, sauce, and spices. I tasted a bit of the sausage and thought it might be OK, but it's really yucky.

Thanks, Kay. It really is a shame, lots of cheese, sauce, and spices. I tasted a bit of the sausage and thought it might be OK, but it's really yucky.
That's a shame. Doncha hate when you have invested money and time in a meal and it just sucks.

Steak Tartar sounds like a great idea. I don't understand it, but even though Stirling doesn't like rare steak, he does like steak tartar.

I'm gonna check some other recipes for steak tartar. My wrist just isn't up for chopping that much meat by hand. I'm sure I will need some tips if I'm going to use a meat grinder or a food processor.

Oh I'm so glad to hear that Steak Tartar could be in your future Taxi!!
It's really the only thing worthy of your wonderful tenderloin. I'm sure it could be chopped in slightly frozen chunks in your food processor. OMG, now I'm really drooling. On our recent Canadian vacation, we had it served at a very fancy restaurant, and it was just fabulous!

LP, I hope you're feeling better.

Taxy, Conrad is one handsome beefcake. ;)

In addition to all the veggies I listed earlier, I also tossed some cauliflower chunks in the oven to roast. Our plates were so full of veggies even the First Lady would have approved, had we invited her.

Attachments

• 2015-10-04 21.15.30.jpg
    2015-10-04 21.15.30.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 215
Back
Top Bottom