What's cooking...Sat. 2/6/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am grilling also. :yum: turkey, spinach, feta burgers. I baked some onion rolls earlier for them. Also going to have some grilled asparagus. For dessert I picked up some strawberries at the store this morning.

A pizza guts casserole, all toppings no crust!

I put the cheese on the bottom of a glass baking dish add sauce, toppings etc... Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or so and let it cool to a warmish room temp so the cheese has a chance to set up.

It ain't pizza but it's crazy tasty! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Patio has been shoveled off after yesterday's snow, so we're grilling tonight. Chicken kabobs marinated in a yogurt curry sauce, served over brown basmati rice, steamed cauliflower, with more yogurt curry sauce on the side. The Zoji does a wonderful job with the brown basmati, and it's a dump and ignore process.

I may make salads or not, because I'm going to be hard at work...reheating leftovers! :LOL: Actually, I want to make sure all the little containers are out of the fridge so I can start making new leftovers tomorrow.

Choices tonight: pork chops with apples, ropa vieja, roast beast, rice, potatoes, green beans. If we do clean out all the containers, I'm afraid the fridge will look like we ran out of food. :ermm: The chances I take...

Leftover reduction plan here too.

Aunt Bea, pizza guts are one of my faves too! That's what we called them at one of the restaurants I bartended at back in the day.

Last edited:
Leftover reduction plan here too.

Aunt Bea, pizza guts are one of my faves too! That's what we called them at one of the restaurants I bartended at back in the day.

I remember your post, I stole the name from you!!!

It reminds me of "skinny girl pizza", the svelt young girl you see in the pizza shop sliding the cheese and toppings off the crust!

Maybe I'm gonna end up in the skinny girl protection program, nobody will ever recognize me in my frumpy disguise. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I caught sight of a bag of dried späetzle in the cabinet today, and we picked up some boneless skinless chicken breasts yesterday, so I immediately decided to make schnitzel and späetzle.

I made caramelized onions and then made chicken gravy on top of it. When the späetzle was done, I mixed it in. Also simmered green beans in chicken broth and Penzey's freeze-dried shallots and Fox Point seasoning. Ate it all up! :yum:

Attachments

• 1454807276506.jpg
    1454807276506.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I remember your post, I stole the name from you!!!

It reminds me of "skinny girl pizza", the svelt young girl you see in the pizza shop sliding the cheese and toppings off the crust!

Maybe I'm gonna end up in the skinny girl protection program, nobody will ever recognize me in my frumpy disguise. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Heh. Fruit pie guts are also good. I've never been that fond of crusts, so apple, pumpkin, blueberry pie guts are all good.

I created a monster though. Showed DH the skinny girl pizza trick years ago, so now if DH and I go out for pizza, he eats the toppings and leaves the crust. A bit embarrassing out in public, especially at a pizza buffet when he leaves a plateful of empty crusts.

Last edited:
I'm in experimental mode tonight. I had a bunch of small potatoes that needed to be used up, so I skinned, chopped, and boiled them, then caramelized some red onions with some leftover chopped ham, added it to the potatoes, and mixed it all together.

Finally, I made ONE MORE TRY at a white sauce and wonders of wonders, it actually thickened up this time (those pans I got are really proving their worth!). Added white cheddar cheese and when that was melted, poured it all over the potatoes, gave them another stir, and poured the whole mess into a baking dish. I even shook on a little parsley to make it look purty.

It's in the oven now and in about 20 minutes, I'll find out if I'll be eating ham and cheese potatoes for dinner or making myself a peanut butter sandwich.

Last edited:
OoohKAY, then. Experiment over. All I did was find a new way to make potato soup.

I had waaaay too much cheese sauce, it browned on top, the sauce "broke", and the potatoes melted. And it thickens up as it cools. I sat down with a bowl and a fork and ended up getting a spoon.

Back to the drawing board.

Ha! Here, we are cooking so very much!

For our dinner was Joyce's nice baked ham of stuck with cloves in it and a honey and brown sugar glaze brushed over it. And baked sweet potatoes with the corn of their garden. Mamma made her fruits cocktail for dessert with the whipped cream also.

Tomorrow is the Superbowl Sunday! There will be nine people here! Mamma and I have been helping Joyce with the chili and the oxen wings, I shall be doing of the miniature pizzas, and Mamma bought the cheese balls with the nice crackers. She and I will also do the fresh nice melted cheese with garlic and herbs and the nice cocktail sausages.

Joyce has to work tomorrow from 2pm until 10pm and she will miss of all this, but I shall be texting her of scores!

Go the Carolina Panthers! Ha!

acestea sunt aripi de bivol aripi nu boi !

Yes, you have corrected me in Romanian.

I meant chicken wings with of oxen, the oxen are of the beef ribs.

I am very sorry of my English. I see I am corrected of here. I am sorry.

I shall post carefully and not speak until it is perfect.

~Cat

Last edited:
On my Mex black bean kick here. Made some lime black pepper corn tortillas and had black bean cheese quesidillas with homemade salsa. Not the healthiest thing to eat...but it hit the spot.

Heh. Fruit pie guts are also good. I've never been that fond of crusts, so apple, pumpkin, blueberry pie guts are all good.

I created a monster though. Showed DH the skinny girl pizza trick years ago, so now if DH and I go out for pizza, he eats the toppings and leaves the crust. A bit embarrassing out in public, especially at a pizza buffet when he leaves a plateful of empty crusts.

I can attest to the pumpkin pie guts. :yum:

Poor DH, you love to wind him up and watch him go! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Carl says of my cooking, he loves it very much! But he is a man and they are always hungry so this is not too much of a compliment, yes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom