"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's cooking...Sat. 2/6/16

I'm grilling some rib eyes and a basket of marinated veggies on this beautiful day.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Cook

I am grilling also. turkey, spinach, feta burgers. I baked some onion rolls earlier for them. Also going to have some grilled asparagus. For dessert I picked up some strawberries at the store this morning.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
Master Chef

A pizza guts casserole, all toppings no crust!

I put the cheese on the bottom of a glass baking dish add sauce, toppings etc... Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or so and let it cool to a warmish room temp so the cheese has a chance to set up.

It ain't pizza but it's crazy tasty!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Patio has been shoveled off after yesterday's snow, so we're grilling tonight. Chicken kabobs marinated in a yogurt curry sauce, served over brown basmati rice, steamed cauliflower, with more yogurt curry sauce on the side. The Zoji does a wonderful job with the brown basmati, and it's a dump and ignore process.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #5
Master Chef

I may make salads or not, because I'm going to be hard at work...reheating leftovers! Actually, I want to make sure all the little containers are out of the fridge so I can start making new leftovers tomorrow.

Choices tonight: pork chops with apples, ropa vieja, roast beast, rice, potatoes, green beans. If we do clean out all the containers, I'm afraid the fridge will look like we ran out of food. The chances I take...
Old 02-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Leftover reduction plan here too.

Aunt Bea, pizza guts are one of my faves too! That's what we called them at one of the restaurants I bartended at back in the day.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Leftover reduction plan here too.

Aunt Bea, pizza guts are one of my faves too! That's what we called them at one of the restaurants I bartended at back in the day.
I remember your post, I stole the name from you!!!

It reminds me of "skinny girl pizza", the svelt young girl you see in the pizza shop sliding the cheese and toppings off the crust!

Maybe I'm gonna end up in the skinny girl protection program, nobody will ever recognize me in my frumpy disguise.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

I caught sight of a bag of dried spšetzle in the cabinet today, and we picked up some boneless skinless chicken breasts yesterday, so I immediately decided to make schnitzel and spšetzle.

I made caramelized onions and then made chicken gravy on top of it. When the spšetzle was done, I mixed it in. Also simmered green beans in chicken broth and Penzey's freeze-dried shallots and Fox Point seasoning. Ate it all up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454807276506.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24291  
Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I remember your post, I stole the name from you!!!

It reminds me of "skinny girl pizza", the svelt young girl you see in the pizza shop sliding the cheese and toppings off the crust!

Maybe I'm gonna end up in the skinny girl protection program, nobody will ever recognize me in my frumpy disguise.

Heh. Fruit pie guts are also good. I've never been that fond of crusts, so apple, pumpkin, blueberry pie guts are all good.

I created a monster though. Showed DH the skinny girl pizza trick years ago, so now if DH and I go out for pizza, he eats the toppings and leaves the crust. A bit embarrassing out in public, especially at a pizza buffet when he leaves a plateful of empty crusts.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #10
Wine Guy

Smoked poke chops and sauerkraut.

Tags
cook, cooking