What's cooking Sat. Nov 5th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Bea said:
All the talk this week about 15 bean soup, 13 bean soup etc. inspired me to make a pot of bean soup.

I only used one bean in mine though. :ermm:

One bean??? You must like very small portions, Aunt Bea!

All the beans smoosh into one big mass anyway, they look pretty in the package, but when they cook together, you can't tell one bean from another.

Panko crusted Pork Chops
Baked Potato with Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt(in place of Sour Cream) with Chives
Salad

Its funny. My grand kids don't like baked potatoes but will eat stuffed potato skins. Very strange indeed. So tonight we are having t-bones and stuffed potato skins and green beans.

Am thinking meatloaf, with beef and Italian sausage. With Tater Tots and coleslaw. And ketchup.

I had a very bad day. I have an upset stomach and migraine. IF I eat it will make some kind of mild on the tummy food. Family can find something to munch on if they don't want what I may make. At the moment it may I am thinking buttermilk biscuits from the blue "whack it" tube with butter and my sugar be d***ed! :(

I had a very bad day. I have an upset stomach and migraine. IF I eat it will make some kind of mild on the tummy food. Family can find something to munch on if they don't want what I may make. At the moment it may I am thinking buttermilk biscuits from the blue "whack it" tube with butter and my sugar be d***ed! :(

I'm sorry to hear that you feel poorly. I know how awful migraines can be. Hope you feel better soon.

msmofet said:

Sorry to hear that, MsMofet. Hope you feel better ASAP!

Recipe, pretty please Rock?:chef:

Sure!

1 Med Onion, diced
4 Cloves garlic
1 can diced tomato
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup corn
chili powder
cumin
corriander
1 dried chili pepper
I used a Guajillo pepper,but you could put whatever you want in it.
8 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 Tbls corn meal
Toasted flour tortillas, cut into triangles
grated cheese. Moneray or cheddar\mozz mix
bit of diced tomato

I basically do up a chili and thicken it with the corn meal and let it simmer for a bit. then I poured it into oven proof bowls topped it with chicken and assembled the toasted flour tortillas on top, smothered it with cheese and broiled it. I burnt the chips a little, but had more on the side for dipping.....

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I got my potato pancake craving satisfied and made an extra for tomorrow's breakfast :chef:
Health is still good.
Weather is gorgeous. Cold, but gorgeous :)

I threw some sugar snap peas in with the sausage after the water had simmered out and let them sauté in the juices. Ketchup was added after the pic ;)

Attachments

• dinner 11-5.jpg
    dinner 11-5.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 175
Savory leek and gruyere souffle earns 4 thumbs up. Very tasty. Better to make it in a gratin dish than in the souffle dish like I did as the center wasn't done in the amount of time called for in the recipe. We ate the top and the rest went back into the oven to finish. Enjoyed it with pan seared ham steaks and a nice Pinot Noir.

388877_10150380443724004_598294003_8258001_1773679824_n.jpg

Good lord. System overload. Everyone's pic looks fantastic!

Sure!

1 Med Onion, diced
4 Cloves garlic
1 can diced tomato
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup corn
chili powder
cumin
corriander
1 dried chili pepper
2 Tbls corn meal
bit of diced tomato

I basically do up a chili and thicken it with the corn meal and let it simmer for a bit. then I poured it into oven proof bowls topped it with chicken and assembled the toasted flour tortillas on top, smothered it with cheese and broiled it. I burnt the chips a little, but had more on the side for dipping.....
Wow, great pictures and recipe!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel poorly. I know how awful migraines can be. Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear that, MsMofet. Hope you feel better ASAP!
Thank you .40 and DL. I have been having such bad luck and to many problems for the last few months. It really takes a toll after this long.

I got my potato pancake craving satisfied and made an extra for tomorrow's breakfast :chef:
Health is still good.

I threw some sugar snap peas in with the sausage after the water had simmered out and let them sauté in the juices. Ketchup was added after the pic ;)

Sure!

1 Med Onion, diced
4 Cloves garlic
1 can diced tomato
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup corn
chili powder
cumin
corriander
1 dried chili pepper
2 Tbls corn meal
bit of diced tomato

Savory leek and gruyere souffle earns 4 thumbs up. Very tasty. Better to make it in a gratin dish than in the souffle dish like I did as the center wasn't done in the amount of time called for in the recipe. We ate the top and the rest went back into the oven to finish. Enjoyed it with pan seared ham steaks and a nice Pinot Noir.

388877_10150380443724004_598294003_8258001_1773679824_n.jpg

Good lord. System overload. Everyone's pic looks fantastic!

I agree!! WOW everything sounds and LOOKS fantastic!! Good job everyone.

Last edited:
Health is still good.

YUM, I love potato pancakes. Those pancake with the sausage and peas, make a great-looking dinner.

Back
Top Bottom