What's cooking Sat. Nov 5th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a very bad day. I have an upset stomach and migraine. IF I eat it will make some kind of mild on the tummy food. Family can find something to munch on if they don't want what I may make. At the moment it may I am thinking buttermilk biscuits from the blue "whack it" tube with butter and my sugar be d***ed! :(
I'm sorry you feel awful. I hope you feel better soon! My thoughts are with you, msmofet.

We (me and the boys) are making oatmeal crackers. The boys love them and we cut them out with shape cutters. They work especially well with toddlers and teething babies for gnawing. Here is a pic from our previous batch. :chef:
What cute crackers! I think it's great to get kids involved with cooking!

Savory leek and gruyere souffle earns 4 thumbs up. Very tasty. Better to make it in a gratin dish than in the souffle dish like I did as the center wasn't done in the amount of time called for in the recipe. We ate the top and the rest went back into the oven to finish. Enjoyed it with pan seared ham steaks and a nice Pinot Noir.

388877_10150380443724004_598294003_8258001_1773679824_n.jpg
Wow! That picture is sure inviting! You sure had a good dinner!

Sorry for all the posts in a row. I'm in the middle of making dinner, and there were so many to respond to.

To keep the swelling down on my burns I have had to keep my left foot elevated for the past 11 days...just about insane now not being able to cook (or do)anything.
I could cook(there is very little pain, just swelling) but my wife and daughter get mad every time I try to help

niquejim said:
To keep the swelling down on my burns I have had to keep my left foot elevated for the past 11 days...just about insane now not being able to cook (or do)anything.
I could cook(there is very little pain, just swelling) but my wife and daughter get mad every time I try to help

Geez, Jim, 11 days! Insanity would be welcomed!

Can they plug a slow cooker in next to you? Give you a knife and a cutting board? (OK, forget the knife).

Oh, I feel so bad for you! Hang in there! Heal soon!

I know exactly how you feel.
I was in a bad accident years ago. I had 3rd degree burns on my foot. I had to use painkillers, silverdine and keep my foot elevated also. At one point they wanted to take my foot and I told them in not so nice words what they could do. LOl It took almost 2 years to completely heal because of all the damage to the veinous arch. It still swells. Anyway after a month of take out, microwave and hub cooking I couldn't take it any more. I took pillows into the kitchen and made cheese and potato blintz!! I made the crepes sitting on 1 chair and had my foot on 2 pillows on another chair in front of the stove, fired up 2 saute pans and cranked out my crepes. I needed someone to help here and there but I got my homemade food fix. LOL after that I did as much cooking as possible that way. Hang in there it will get better XOXOXOXO

Ok sorry to go off topic.

Last edited:
msmofet said:
I know exactly how you feel.
I was in a bad accident years ago. I had 3rd degree burns on my foot. I had to use silverdine and keep my foot elevated also. At one point they wanted to take my foot and I told them in not so nice words what they could do. LOl It took almost 2 years to completely heal because of all the damage to the veinous arch. It still swells. Anyway after a month of take out, microwave and hub cooking I couldn't take it any more. I took pillows into the kitchen and made cheese and potato blintz!! I made the crepes sitting on 1 chair and had my foot on 2 pillows on another chair in front of the stove, fired up 2 saute pans and cranked out my crepes. I needed someone to help here and there but I got my homemade food fix. LOL

Ok sorry to go off topic.

Not off topic at all! Very good advice.

Me too, jabbur. It's going to be something with ground beef and possibly rice... not sure yet. I'm not cleaning my kitchen thoroughly until Monday. I can't clean like I want to when Mark is going to be home. All I can do is the daily tidying up.

Here was our dinner. It was a ground beef skillet with brown rice, meat, seasonings, and frozen stir-fry vegetables.

img_1067920_0_d36deab74291ab1f241d6035680a9237.jpg

Thank you DL. I didn't want to look at take out etc for quite awhile after that. :LOL:

Here was our dinner. It was a ground beef skillet with brown rice, meat, seasonings, and frozen stir-fry vegetables.

img_1067921_0_d36deab74291ab1f241d6035680a9237.jpg
That looks good VB.

what is going on? my forum is all messed up. what is with all the ads following posts. whatever it is i don't like it. information please!
I am also having problems. When I click anything from my CP it crashes IE and closes.

I just logged on to the regular DC instead of the iPad app, and it seems to be working so far. Will explore some more.

Spicy turkey stew. Little bit messy in the dish, but once served it tasted fab.

Attachments

• image-3213575254.jpg
    image-3213575254.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 173
hope it gets better quickly, jim.

dinners looks good, vb and kez.

i grilled a couple of chicken breasts and some thickly sliced sweet onions, and we had corn and nuked spuds alongside.

Thanks! And that sounds good. It's only 7am here and looking at all these photos and reading everything has made me hungry!

Spicy turkey stew. Little bit messy in the dish, but once served it tasted fab.
Your stew sounds fabulous! I love spicy food, but I don't think Mark's gut could handle it. I would love to make spicy, saucy chicken wings some night, but I don't want to eat them all by myself.

Your stew sounds fabulous! I love spicy food, but I don't think Mark's gut could handle it. I would love to make spicy, saucy chicken wings some night, but I don't want to eat them all by myself.

Thank you! Well I suppose you could just lessen the spices. Don't put as much cayenne pepper in. Or you could just leave it and give Mark a nice surprise ;)

Those are frozen stir-fry veggies? They looks so much bigger than the ones I buy. So fresh.
Great looking bowl :) I could dig right in.

Back
Top Bottom