What's cooking Sat. Nov 5th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not sure if this is going to be dinner or lunch, but I've got some mashed potatoes leftover from the other night that are just screaming for me to make them into potato pancakes. I took some cut pieces of rope sausage out of the freezer to go along with them. I wish I could take time to cook them up right now. I'm starving!

I haven't made a decision yet, but I know it will NOT be something with ground beef. Blech. I've had ground beef the last two nights in a row at work, and I don't think it entirely agreed with me. I'm thinking a nice hearty soup would do the trick. And either biscuits or a loaf of french bread.

Alix will not want to eat at my house tonight! We're having ground beef in some form. Meatloaf, Salisbury steaks, or hamburger stuffing. Depends on what I have time for after cleaning the kitchen.

Me too, jabbur. It's going to be something with ground beef and possibly rice... not sure yet. I'm not cleaning my kitchen thoroughly until Monday. I can't clean like I want to when Mark is going to be home. All I can do is the daily tidying up.

I'm going to try making a leek and gruyere souffle. It's a Williams-Sonoma recipe and looks really tasty. We'll have a seared ham steak to go with it.

We (me and the boys) are making oatmeal crackers. The boys love them and we cut them out with shape cutters. They work especially well with toddlers and teething babies for gnawing. Here is a pic from our previous batch. :chef:

Attachments

• Crackers2.jpg
    Crackers2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 177
I'll be having some of last night's sausage stuffing casserole with country gravy (white sauce).

The decision to have quesadillas has been made. I'm not going to be home, so they will likely use the quesadilla maker and just do cheese ones. I'll put together something light at work. I'm thinking soup and biscuits or grilled cheese as it is COLD out there today.

All the talk this week about 15 bean soup, 13 bean soup etc. inspired me to make a pot of bean soup.

I only used one bean in mine though. :ermm:

Those crackers are just adorable Spice!! Can you post the recipe please?

We're having lobster rolls with leftover lobster meat from last night's feast, and I'm going to be making some clam chowder to go with them.
I'm going to hunt for a recipe as I usually just wing it and it turns out pretty good. Does anyone have a great tried and true recipe for clam chowder?

Back
Top Bottom