What's cooking Saturday August 15, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you JJ!!

ok it's to hot to cook!! chinese takeout won the day!! hub feels a bit better (fever is down) and is hungry, he wants beef and brocolli and ginger ale. i will pick at (which will be my breakfast, lunch and dinner for the day) pork egg fu young, pork fried rice, egg roll, wonton soup and BBQ ribs.

was awake early in a.m. and for some reason tuna casserole popped into my head. i hardly ever do it, just can't eat it all. will try to make portions for two meals, if not can i freeze it?

I just got back from grocery shopping. I have enough meat now to last us until the cows come home. :ROFLMAO:

Mark and I are supposed to go on a picnic tomorrow. I've planned on buttermilk fried chicken--not sure if it's going to be oven-fried or skillet fried. With that, basic potato salad..... found some nice red potatoes for that. I might include fresh fruit/vegies and bottled water.

As for my dinner.. I still have no clue! :huh: I might just make a vegie sandwich or wrap with tomato, lettuce, cucumber, Havarti cheese and mustard.

was awake early in a.m. and for some reason tuna casserole popped into my head. i hardly ever do it, just can't eat it all. will try to make portions for two meals, if not can i freeze it?
hello sweetie!! yes you can freeze it. a boy friend of mine years ago would make me tuna casseroles in the mini loaf pans to freeze. i would get 2 meals out of each mini loaf.

I thought I posted here but I realized I posted tonight's dinner everywhere but here! Anyway, it is Saturday, and Dad and I have our usual hot dogs with fried onions and Root Beer while watching the Toronto Blue Jays play and a Canadian Football game....all at the same time of course! :LOL:

It is one of my favourite times of the week!

Salmon Cakes, Parsley Potatoes and Carrots. Peaches and Cream Cake for dessert.

the girls wanted dairy queen girl scout thin mint blizzards so i took them. i treated myself to a small butter pecan sundae with butterscotch topping.

We had JokBal it is boiled Korean stlye pigs feet/shanks.

vuhzc.jpg

hello sweetie!! yes you can freeze it. a boy friend of mine years ago would make me tuna casseroles in the mini loaf pans to freeze. i would get 2 meals out of each mini loaf.

this turn out to be a wee bit different. didn't realize i was out of cheddar. parm and montery jack in fridge. used the jack. also do crackers but to lazy. just hand crunched some potato chips on top. it was good with a plain sliced ripe tomato and green beans. definitely have something to freeze. :chef:

this turn out to be a wee bit different. didn't realize i was out of cheddar. parm and montery jack in fridge. used the jack. also do crackers but to lazy. just hand crunched some potato chips on top. it was good with a plain sliced ripe tomato and green beans. definitely have something to freeze. :chef:
that sounds good, babetoo! what kind of vegie do you put in your casserole?

Actually, my husband and I had a taste for burgers (I think because we've been reading last month's Saveur magazine). We were going basic, and were about halfway through eating them when the phone rang. For some reason we answered it (normally we don't during dinner). Well it was a friend saying she'd just made a couple of pizzas, would we come over. We looked at each other and shrugged. Put the second half of our meal in the fridge, then hiked down to her house to have pizza as our second course!

Today we shoot the rest of the cooking sequences for the next show, so Ossobuco with risotto at my place.

Back
Top Bottom