What's cooking Saturday August 15, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i have chuck shoulder steaks i am thinking of cooking like pot roast, long and slow in gravy!!

whats up with you?

Yesterday I got some beef stewing steak so seeing as the temperature has dropped here a little I'm going to be slow cooking a hearty beef stew :chef:

well dinner plans have changed due to the fact that it's going to be 90F and humid today and tomorrow!! and my hub has a 101 fever. now i need to figure out what to make for dinner. maybe order something and give him soup.

well dinner plans have changed due to the fact that it's going to be 90F and humid today and tomorrow!! and my hub has a 101 fever. now i need to figure out what to make for dinner. maybe order something and give him soup.
I hope he feels better, msmofet! Chicken soup always makes someone feel better. Do you have chicken on hand? Nothing is better than homemade chicken noodle soup!

I hope he feels better, msmofet! Chicken soup always makes someone feel better. Do you have chicken on hand? Nothing is better than homemade chicken noodle soup!
canned soup today. no homemade chicken soup cooking in 90+ temps.

msmofet, I'm sorry about your hubby. Let's hope you don't catch whatever he has!

Today, for me, is Cook Day! - The day of the week where I prepare as much as possible for the following week. My dishes such a Chili with Home Made Sourdough Bread, and Crawfish Gumbo with Home Made Toasted Garlic French Bread actually taste better the following day. The others; Sweet and Sour Pork with Steamed Rice and Vegetables, BBQ Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with Home Made Cole Slaw will have as much done in advance as possible. Oh, and I'm baking Apple Crumble for dessert.

msmofet, I'm sorry about your hubby. Let's hope you don't catch whatever he has!

Today, for me, is Cook Day! - The day of the week where I prepare as much as possible for the following week. My dishes such a Chili with Home Made Sourdough Bread, and Crawfish Gumbo with Home Made Toasted Garlic French Bread actually taste better the following day. The others; Sweet and Sour Pork with Steamed Rice and Vegetables, BBQ Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with Home Made Cole Slaw will have as much done in advance as possible. Oh, and I'm baking Apple Crumble for dessert.
thank you!! i feel yucky myself but no fever just light headed and queazy. i have a dentist appt. oh joy!!! i have no clue whats for dinner. maybe pizza.

I've got fresh catfish, a sack of tators, a bag of cornmeal, 3 gallons of p-nut oil...Also a head of cabbage, a jar of Dukes, and stuff. Eggs, buttermilk, salt, pepper, cayenne, and Louisiana Hot sauce...I'll figure something out...

I've got fresh catfish, a sack of tators, a bag of cornmeal, 3 gallons of p-nut oil...Also a head of cabbage, a jar of Dukes, and stuff. Eggs, buttermilk, salt, pepper, cayenne, and Louisiana Hot sauce...I'll figure something out...
that sounds interesting!! LOL whats dukes?

......:ermm: Nope...it's Mynez
or as my dear sweet grandmother wrote on her recipe "manas"!

I made blueberry waffles with bacon and sausage for brunch so I'm not sure about supper. It's the last night home for the college kid so I guess I'll let him choose the menu.

I hope he feels better soon msmofet.

I'm on my own. So, I have no idea what I'm going to have.

Get a take-away and put your feet up with a glass of wine and a good movie :D

Ahh... sounds good! :) What do you serve with it... bread, biscuits, crackers?

I would normally serve it with a nice piece if crusty bread but forgot to buy any so it's on its own :LOL:

img_845241_0_aa1322924a05ae6daf37ce31c9e1ad51.jpg

img_845241_1_e217ce0c285f906019d7cd7adb8ae5e3.jpg

dh should be back this afternoon from his motorcycle trip..I am having friends over to help welcome him back...just pulled a baked custard out of the oven and hope to get that chilled down quickly, and a scalloped potato and onion casserole went in the oven....will also serve some fresh sweet corn and steamed broccoli....very hot and humid here.

Back
Top Bottom