"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Master Chef

What's cooking Saturday August 15, 2009?

i have chuck shoulder steaks i am thinking of cooking like pot roast, long and slow in gravy!!

whats up with you?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Yesterday I got some beef stewing steak so seeing as the temperature has dropped here a little I'm going to be slow cooking a hearty beef stew

Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Master Chef

well dinner plans have changed due to the fact that it's going to be 90F and humid today and tomorrow!! and my hub has a 101 fever. now i need to figure out what to make for dinner. maybe order something and give him soup.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
well dinner plans have changed due to the fact that it's going to be 90F and humid today and tomorrow!! and my hub has a 101 fever. now i need to figure out what to make for dinner. maybe order something and give him soup.
I hope he feels better, msmofet! Chicken soup always makes someone feel better. Do you have chicken on hand? Nothing is better than homemade chicken noodle soup!
Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Master Chef

I'm on my own. So, I have no idea what I'm going to have.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
Yesterday I got some beef stewing steak so seeing as the temperature has dropped here a little I'm going to be slow cooking a hearty beef stew
Ahh... sounds good! What do you serve with it... bread, biscuits, crackers?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I hope he feels better, msmofet! Chicken soup always makes someone feel better. Do you have chicken on hand? Nothing is better than homemade chicken noodle soup!
canned soup today. no homemade chicken soup cooking in 90+ temps.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Senior Cook

msmofet, I'm sorry about your hubby. Let's hope you don't catch whatever he has!

Today, for me, is Cook Day! - The day of the week where I prepare as much as possible for the following week. My dishes such a Chili with Home Made Sourdough Bread, and Crawfish Gumbo with Home Made Toasted Garlic French Bread actually taste better the following day. The others; Sweet and Sour Pork with Steamed Rice and Vegetables, BBQ Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with Home Made Cole Slaw will have as much done in advance as possible. Oh, and I'm baking Apple Crumble for dessert.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
msmofet, I'm sorry about your hubby. Let's hope you don't catch whatever he has!

Today, for me, is Cook Day! - The day of the week where I prepare as much as possible for the following week. My dishes such a Chili with Home Made Sourdough Bread, and Crawfish Gumbo with Home Made Toasted Garlic French Bread actually taste better the following day. The others; Sweet and Sour Pork with Steamed Rice and Vegetables, BBQ Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with Home Made Cole Slaw will have as much done in advance as possible. Oh, and I'm baking Apple Crumble for dessert.
thank you!! i feel yucky myself but no fever just light headed and queazy. i have a dentist appt. oh joy!!! i have no clue whats for dinner. maybe pizza.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I've got fresh catfish, a sack of tators, a bag of cornmeal, 3 gallons of p-nut oil...Also a head of cabbage, a jar of Dukes, and stuff. Eggs, buttermilk, salt, pepper, cayenne, and Louisiana Hot sauce...I'll figure something out...

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote