What's Cooking Saturday Dec. 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a little late in posting but wanted to share the success I had with my first pork roast in the crock pot. I came across a recipe for an "Autumn Pork Roast" and it had chopped cranberries, honey, nutmeg and clove (and salt and pepper) in it. I was feeling a little crazy so I tried it. Except I subbed ginger for the clove (was out) and I added 1/2 bottle of pumpkin ale (like I said, I was feeling crazy LOL). It was really good and the house smelled wonderful all day :) But I think the best part of all of it was the gravy I made from the drippings left in the crock pot. Not only was it really tasty (sweet/savory), it was my first success with homemade gravy :) Served mashed potatoes and sweet corn with it.

I'm a little late in posting but wanted to share the success I had with my first pork roast in the crock pot. I came across a recipe for an "Autumn Pork Roast" and it had chopped cranberries, honey, nutmeg and clove (and salt and pepper) in it. I was feeling a little crazy so I tried it. Except I subbed ginger for the clove (was out) and I added 1/2 bottle of pumpkin ale (like I said, I was feeling crazy LOL). It was really good and the house smelled wonderful all day :) But I think the best part of all of it was the gravy I made from the drippings left in the crock pot. Not only was it really tasty (sweet/savory), it was my first success with homemade gravy :) Served mashed potatoes and sweet corn with it.

YAY, SnickerDoodle. Congratulations on your gravy. This will give you some confidence for next time. I'm proud of you!

Your dinner sounds really delish.

Hooray!!! Good for you! Feels great, doesn't it? What's even better...you are learning to play with your food!:)

Where can pumpkin ale be found? I don't think I have ever seen it.

Check in the stores that carry Microbrews, it is very seasonal! We have about 3-5 microbreweries around here and they all have their own seasonals.

I would definatly look for a store well stocked with microbrews. A good one from the NE is Dogfisg Head you can use this page to find there beer Fish Finder | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales .

Sam Adams might be the eaisiest to find.

BTW I am also not much of a drinker this is what a friend told me....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom