What's Cooking Saturday Dec. 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Dinner is about ready here;)

Last night I soaked about 1 1/2 pounds of great northern beans and simmered them today with a meaty ham bone from a Honey Baked ham, a large diced sweet potato, lotsa onions, garlic, I used home canned chicken stock in place of cold water, and other seasonings....also made a "new" corn bread recipe, turned out great....now we are set for a few snowy days.

what's happening at your place?

I have a pot of beef stew simmering now. We will probably have fresh green beans and a salad of some sort - also baking a pumpkin pie. I cheated and bought a frozen one at the store. Probably biscuits with the beef stew.

We are going out shopping, I've decided we are heading for the Mexican place we love. I'll have to have the ground meat, no picadillo for me today. I'm hoping I can handle the chili rellano!

Hello everyone,

We are all spending the day at home (a rare treat) to put up the Christmas tree.

For dinner we'll grill some chicken breasts on the bone. On the side we'll have roasted veggies tossed with faro and dressed with an asian blend of soy, grapeseed oil, ginger, garlic, and green onion.

Enjoy the day:chef:

my granddaughter and boy friend are coming for dinner tonight. have pork shoulder ribs in the crockpot. will also have mac and cheese, coleslaw, corn bread and a cheese cake bar for dessert. simple but hope very tasty. this is first cook in new huge crockpot.

I just finished a filling Brunch. I made Belgian Eggnog Waffles with Pecans, Sausage, OJ and Coffee. I think I will turn the leftover Rib Steak into a savory soup.:chef:

I am not sure what I'll make today. I'm hankering for a ham and cheesy scalloped potatoes, but I'm not sure I'll find one on sale today. Failing that, pork loin roast? Wild rice pilaf, coleslaw (vinaigrette) and something warm from the oven for dessert. Either a pie or banana cake.

Beef and Tomato stir-fry over noodles.

img_944755_0_e791e85e1fdd2d0d3540d0be97a9c461.jpg

We ended up with Italian meatballs in a tomato basil sauce with potato gnocci. Dessert was a raspberry-chipotle sauce in cream cheese and crackers.

my granddaughter and boy friend are coming for dinner tonight. have pork shoulder ribs in the crockpot. will also have mac and cheese, coleslaw, corn bread and a cheese cake bar for dessert. simple but hope very tasty. this is first cook in new huge crockpot.

crockpot is awesome. the mac and cheese was best recipe i have ever made. dessert was very rich and really super. they raved and raved. i love to cook for people that enjoy eating. was a very pleasant evening. even if she did forget to bring pans from thanksgiving that i took food to take to her house. :(:(

Pastina and eggs (tiny star shaped pasta, eggs, milk, butter, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, chopped fresh parsley, sea salt & ground peppercorns). I didn’t drain all the water off because I wanted it a bit soupy.

img_944805_0_fae631ce10617ce0b8c57e6681f384f8.jpg

img_944805_1_5be61ce1bf890d9b287f8241e716dd1a.jpg

I did a few pizzas last night and among them were a couple of spinach pizzas. Never used a thick bed of spinach before but they came out pretty good, I thought.

Attachments

• P1050537.jpg
    P1050537.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 158
  • P1050540.jpg
    P1050540.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 164
  • P1050541.jpg
    P1050541.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 206
That looks good...some fresh spinach in there would be good too.
Thank you PF. This is an Italian dish Mom used to make for me as comfort food and a meatless friday Lent meal and thats all that goes in it.

Thank you PF. This is an Italian dish Mom used to make for me as comfort food and a meatless friday Lent meal and thats all that goes in it.

Well, I don't want to mess up your recipe, too much:)...but, I'm looking at ways to include more veggies.

Fresh veggies have been a bane for a while now, so trying to incorporate them wherever I can.

I'm headed for the store, so this was timely! Thanks!

Well, I don't want to mess up your recipe, too much:)...but, I'm looking at ways to include more veggies.

Fresh veggies have been a bane for a while now, so trying to incorporate them wherever I can.

I'm headed for the store, so this was timely! Thanks!
Oh I see. I always think of this as mushy food that I like to eat when I am feeling sick or need something gentle on my stomach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom