What's Cooking Saturday December 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dh and I will be spending a quiet night at home. But just as a little something special I did a surf and turf for dinner with spinach casserole, green beans and cottage cheese. Oh, and fried potatoes just to keep Dh happy. When the ball drops we will be sharing a bottle of sparkling white grape and peach cocktail from my loveliest glasses. That is if us old folks can stay awake that long!

So, the stupid chicken wasn't thawed by 19h30, so it was on to plan B: Linda's pot of pig. Oops, don't have any knackwurst or wieners. So on to plan C: pasta with Italian sausage sauce. I also had some small bits of bacon and some Italian sausage out of the skin, leftover from ABTs. Added some kalamata olives, rehydrated dried 'shrooms, fried onions, and garlic. It was pretty good. A very simple green salad (romaine lettuce, sliced celery, shaved onion) with a homemade garlic vinaigrette. Finally got to try the Montirus Vacqueyras. It's an organic, French, red wine from the Côtes du Rhônes. It was very nice.

Thinking seriously about "Captain Morgans" Don't water it down!

Just kidding.. Free for all tonight. Left over Ham.

Get creative guys. I don't mean hot beer, lousy food. Have a nice day kind of dinner either. :ROFLMAO:

very nice pac and ppt!

we ate so much junk (chicken fingers, fries, nachos, hot dogs) at the hockey game this afternoon that it seemed kinda silly to go out to eat right afterwards. so we nixed the spanish food and just picked up a grilled chicken/pepperoni pizza on the way home.

and btw, woohoo, first post of 2012!!!!

Last edited:
Went out to an Asian buffet. Lots of really good (surprisingly) Sushi, maki and Cali rolls as well as the usual fare, Even had ice cream for dessert!

This was our dinner.. a throw-together chili. I had Dorito's on the side, and Mark had regular corn chips.

img_1090014_0_3274f2d9207dd98f2aef4960fe91818b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom