What's cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just put me peppers and potatoes in the oven.... well, about 20 min ago. Instead of mashed potatoes, I decided on sliced, roasted potatoes.

had a bowl of rice krispies store brand at that. still to tired to do any cooking. falling down takes a lot of energy. lol
hey stop that!! we're supposed to be going green and conserving energy!!

Had the cold plate for lunch but nixed the chef salads in favour of homemade burgers and fries for dinner. The Griddler and my fryer are great! They are fast and don't heat up the whole house.

I ended up roasting green beans alongside the eye of round. It's basically the technique from Cooks' Illustrated of tossing the green beans with olive oil and kosher salt before roasting them in the oven at a high temperature. I tossed them with fresh savory right before serving.

The farmers market had beautiful peppers yesterday. I roasted red bell peppers and made them into a soup with sweet corn. And then I stuffed some small sweet peppers to serve with the roast beef. Just a little diced onion, celery, and pepper with fresh bread crumbs, sage, oregano, and Asiago cheese for the stuffing.

After all that cooking, the tomatoes ended up just diced with a bit of salt and black pepper.

Dessert was Rainier cherries jubilee with fresh lemon verbena and a splash of rum over vanilla ice cream.

I just put me peppers and potatoes in the oven.... well, about 20 min ago. Instead of mashed potatoes, I decided on sliced, roasted potatoes.
Here was our dinner.
img_837150_0_6c7a9f00e2b111868188dd0c89da098e.jpg

img_837150_1_7eb2a93eb18cea5b216f6e51f9a787b3.jpg

Here was our dinner.
img_837158_0_6c7a9f00e2b111868188dd0c89da098e.jpg

img_837158_1_7eb2a93eb18cea5b216f6e51f9a787b3.jpg
looks yummy!! i never cut my peppers side ways or put cheddar (?) cheese on top, i am gonna try that!! how did you do the taters they look yummy!!

i just take top off my peppers (i chop the tops up and cook with the meat) stuff them, place in roasting pan and then pour tomato sauce over them and bake till tender.

looks yummy!! i never cut my peppers side ways or put cheddar (?) cheese on top, i am gonna try that!! how did you do the taters they look yummy!!

i just take top off my peppers (i chop the tops up and cook with the meat) stuff them, place in roasting pan and then pour tomato sauce over them and bake till tender.
Hiya! :)

I have done it the other way, when they're standing up straight, but they don't stand well... if that makes any sense. For a couple years now, I have been laying them on their side. They always turn out good, and they're a lot easier to serve.

I've made them with tomato sauce before, but just chose to leave it out. As I stuffed them, I placed them in the baking dish and put a little water in the bottom.. 'bout 3/4 of an inch. It seems to cook the pepper more evenly, and it makes for a prettier presentation.

The recipe I used had cheddar cheese mixed in the filling, and I thought I would add some to the top during the last 5 min of cooking.

The potato was a regular baking potato, peeled, then sliced. I tossed it with olive oil, italian seasoning and salt. They were baked in a 350-375 oven for a hour in a foil lined baking pan. The last 20 min, I put a piece of foil over them to prevent them from browning anymore. They came out perfect..outside was crisp, while the insides were tender.

Hiya! :)

I have done it the other way, when they're standing up straight, but they don't stand well... if that makes any sense. For a couple years now, I have been laying them on their side. They always turn out good, and they're a lot easier to serve.

I've made them with tomato sauce before, but just chose to leave it out. As I stuffed them, I placed them in the baking dish and put a little water in the bottom.. 'bout 3/4 of an inch. It seems to cook the pepper more evenly, and it makes for a prettier presentation.

The recipe I used had cheddar cheese mixed in the filling, and I thought I would add some to the top during the last 5 min of cooking.

The potato was a regular baking potato, peeled, then sliced. I tossed it with olive oil, italian seasoning and salt. They were baked in a 350-375 oven for a hour in a foil lined baking pan. The last 20 min, I put a piece of foil over them to prevent them from browning anymore. They came out perfect..outside was crisp, while the insides were tender.
i make mine stand up by shaving the bumps on bottom so they are all the same length and stable.

Back
Top Bottom