"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Master Chef

What's cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL it's early.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

It is still light out here on friday night (9 pm) and you want to know what I am having for dinner on Saturday?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
It is still light out here on friday night (9 pm) and you want to know what I am having for dinner on Saturday?
it's 12:25 AM here!! LOL i try to plan meals ahead don't you?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
Senior Cook

I'm having fried noodles, easy for a lazy weekend. To make it more elaborate, just add a piece of oven baked chicken. It tastes so good. To cook the noodles, you need

600g noodles
3 T dried onions
Oil
Vegetables
3 eggs
2 T oyster sauce
2 T sweet chili sauce
2 T light soya sauce
First of all, make the omelet. Stir it before it sets to break it up into small pieces. Remove. Put a few tablespoons oil into the hot pan, add in the dried onions. Be careful, it turns brown very fast. Once it’s golden, add in the noodles and fry well. The fire must be very hot. Add in the 3 sauces, stir well. Then add in the vegetables and omelet. Mix well and dish up. Enjoy.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

What's cooking tonight? Eye of round. I made a dry rub of rosemary, coriander, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt for it last night and rubbed that all over.

I'll be heading out to the farmers market shortly to complete the menu. I know there will be heirloom tomatoes and I won't be able to resist them. And the blackberries on the greenway may still be producing. The season for them, however, is winding down. There may be enough for blackberry creme brulee.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoherb View Post
What's cooking tonight? Eye of round. I made a dry rub of rosemary, coriander, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt for it last night and rubbed that all over.

I'll be heading out to the farmers market shortly to complete the menu. I know there will be heirloom tomatoes and I won't be able to resist them. And the blackberries on the greenway may still be producing. The season for them, however, is winding down. There may be enough for blackberry creme brulee.

hey geoherb, WELCOME to the forum......nice sounding meal in the making....keep us posted as to what you find at the farmers' market...

for me, not sure yet which left over I will eat

I am about to start on making a gallon of chocolate ice cream....
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
Head Chef

Mushroom Swiss Burgers, not sure about the sides. I hope I have time to make a peach pie. That is the plan.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
Master Chef

shell steaks either grilled, broiled or on the stovetop CI grill pan. frozen spinach (maybe i'll cream it using bacon fat for the roux) and taters (not sure if they will be mashed, baked, pan fried in bacon fat with onions or other).
Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Beef Enchiladas

Beef Enchiladas and asparagus (just cuz it's the only fresh veg left in the house) eaten out of plastic containers at my desk at about 11 pm tonight. Nothing exciting, but easy to eat at work.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
Certified Pretend Chef

My daughter and her SO are having a "family reunion" cookout at 2:00 and SO's family is having one in the next town over at 4:00. We probably won't feel like cooking for a day or two.