What's cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is still light out here on friday night (9 pm) and you want to know what I am having for dinner on Saturday? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is still light out here on friday night (9 pm) and you want to know what I am having for dinner on Saturday? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it's 12:25 AM here!! LOL i try to plan meals ahead don't you? :mellow:

I'm having fried noodles, easy for a lazy weekend. To make it more elaborate, just add a piece of oven baked chicken. It tastes so good. To cook the noodles, you need

600g noodles
3 T dried onions
Oil
Vegetables
3 eggs
2 T oyster sauce
2 T sweet chili sauce
2 T light soya sauce
First of all, make the omelet. Stir it before it sets to break it up into small pieces. Remove. Put a few tablespoons oil into the hot pan, add in the dried onions. Be careful, it turns brown very fast. Once it’s golden, add in the noodles and fry well. The fire must be very hot. Add in the 3 sauces, stir well. Then add in the vegetables and omelet. Mix well and dish up. Enjoy.

What's cooking tonight? Eye of round. I made a dry rub of rosemary, coriander, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt for it last night and rubbed that all over.

I'll be heading out to the farmers market shortly to complete the menu. I know there will be heirloom tomatoes and I won't be able to resist them. And the blackberries on the greenway may still be producing. The season for them, however, is winding down. There may be enough for blackberry creme brulee.

What's cooking tonight? Eye of round. I made a dry rub of rosemary, coriander, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt for it last night and rubbed that all over.

I'll be heading out to the farmers market shortly to complete the menu. I know there will be heirloom tomatoes and I won't be able to resist them. And the blackberries on the greenway may still be producing. The season for them, however, is winding down. There may be enough for blackberry creme brulee.

hey geoherb, WELCOME to the forum......nice sounding meal in the making....keep us posted as to what you find at the farmers' market...

for me, not sure yet which left over I will eat:)

I am about to start on making a gallon of chocolate ice cream;)....

Mushroom Swiss Burgers, not sure about the sides. I hope I have time to make a peach pie. That is the plan.

shell steaks either grilled, broiled or on the stovetop CI grill pan. frozen spinach (maybe i'll cream it using bacon fat for the roux) and taters (not sure if they will be mashed, baked, pan fried in bacon fat with onions or other).

Beef Enchiladas

Beef Enchiladas and asparagus (just cuz it's the only fresh veg left in the house) eaten out of plastic containers at my desk at about 11 pm tonight. Nothing exciting, but easy to eat at work.:rolleyes:

My daughter and her SO are having a "family reunion" cookout at 2:00 and SO's family is having one in the next town over at 4:00. We probably won't feel like cooking for a day or two.

Nothing is cooking at our place....well, maybe except us! It is so hot inside and out. I will be doing a cold plate with potato salad (I did the potatoes and eggs last night) for our main meal at lunch and I think Dad and I will probably just have chef salads for dinner.

shell steak seasoned with my house spice mix grilled on CI stovetop grill, potatoes and onions pan fried (in CI skillet) with bacon fat and herb infused olive oil (thyme, oregano, basil and garlic) salt, pepper and spinach with butter.

img_837031_0_5699e48be356e403e7580c402426a2c8.jpg

A wee bit of bourbon......
A whole lot of Catfish........
A big bowl of tator salad......
A platter full of sliced mators....
A skillet of Yellow squash.....
A Pone of Cornbread.........
A bucket of Chocolate Ice Cream.........

A wee bit of bourbon......
A whole lot of Catfish........
A big bowl of tator salad......
A platter full of sliced mators....
A skillet of Yellow squash.....
A Pone of Cornbread.........
A bucket of Chocolate Ice Cream.........

hello UB!! i have a recipe just for you:

Drunken Fruitcake

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups flour, sifted
1/2 t. salt
1 cup bourbon
1 pound pecans, chopped
3 cups white raisins (or use candied fruit)
1 t. nutmeg
AND
~ a very large bottle of bourbon whiskey ~

First, sample the whiskey to check for quality.
Assemble all of the ingredients. Check the whiskey again.
To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat this step.
Turn on the electric mixer and beat one cup of butter in a large
fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and cream until beat.
Make sure the whiskey is still okay... try another cup.
Turn off the mixer. Beat six leggs and add to the bowl,
then chunk in the cup of dried flut. Mix on the tuner.
Throw in two quarts of flour. Gradually pour in the cow.
Add 2 dried anything.
If the fried druit gets struck in the beaters, pry it loose with
a drewscriver. Sample the whiskey and check it again for tonsistency.
Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares???
Check the whiskey again.
Now sift the nutmeg and strain your nuts. Add one table.
And the spoon. Of whiskee. Or something. Whatever you find left.
Grease the oven.
Turn the crake pan to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Pour the oven into the batter. Throw the bowl out the window.
Lick the batter off the floor.
Bake 300 minutes at 50 degrees.
Finis the blobble of whishy and flow to bed.

Husband and son are having leftover chili dogs. I think I might have popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom