What's cooking, Saturday July 25th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that problem too. Dh thinks if I don't feel like cooking, I don't feel like eating. If he cooks, it is breakfast. That may be one reason I'm not crazy about breakfast any time except morning.
my hub doesn't care if i am hungry only that he works and dinner should be made!! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have an order for 12 dozen cookies to get done today so if it remains as hot as it has been out, I will probably opt for another cold plate. Potato salad is already in the fridge from last night!

when i'm in pain take out delivery is my friend!! as no one else seems to think they should have to cook or even dial a phone to order for that matter!! ok rant over!! thanks for the hug back!!

Being single sometimes has its rewards (I have 36-1/2 years of marriage behind me), so whether it's cooking or phoning for takeout, I pretty much have my choice, but when I'm hurting I keep crackers and canned soup on hand to fall back on. You might consider a quick favorite meal, perhaps in the freezer and then let the rest of your tribe learn to fend for themselves.

Being single sometimes has its rewards (I have 36-1/2 years of marriage behind me), so whether it's cooking or phoning for takeout, I pretty much have my choice, but when I'm hurting I keep crackers and canned soup on hand to fall back on. You might consider a quick favorite meal, perhaps in the freezer and then let the rest of your tribe learn to fend for themselves.
while reading it it sounds easy but .......................... :LOL:

Lunch was a salami, swiss with mayo pita bread sandwich.

xc4ug1.jpg

You know, I've never had or had a yen to have, a "fish taco". But I have quite a bit of homemade Mango-Habenero Salsa on hand, & our local Harris Teeter grocery e-mailed me an interesting recipe for fish tacos using "catfish nuggets" (read "catfish scraps" - lol!) that they have on sale for $1.99/pound this week. So what the heck - I bought a pound, plus the other ingredients, & are going to give them a whirl tonight.

You know, I've never had or had a yen to have, a "fish taco". But I have quite a bit of homemade Mango-Habenero Salsa on hand, & our local Harris Teeter grocery e-mailed me an interesting recipe for fish tacos using "catfish nuggets" (read "catfish scraps" - lol!) that they have on sale for $1.99/pound this week. So what the heck - I bought a pound, plus the other ingredients, & are going to give them a whirl tonight.

"Catfish nuggets" are the belly portion of the fish that is trimmed off after the filet machine has removed the bones. Usually they will have a blackish to grayish membrane. I highly recommend that you remove the membrane, it will improve the flavor of your nuggets.

What's everyone cooking this Saturday? Saturdays and Sundays are my days off and my favourite time for being or trying to be creative in the kitchen.

Today I will be attempting my first Murg Makhani - Butter Chicken. I'm actually out of the UK at the moment and living and working in Moscow, Russia so sourcing my ingredients can be tricky on times but thankfully there is an Indian spices shop which stocks almost everything you need for most ethnic recipes. I will let you know how my first attempt goes :chef:

Bon appetit all!

As promised here's the link to the recipe and photos :chef:

Murgh Makhani

WOW!! never had it before but my canadian and aussie friends rave about butter chicken.

Trust me msmofet it's worth raving over and trying :) To be honest when I usually have a curry it's not the sweet variety and more something along the lines of a vindaloo or jalfrezei but I tried this more for my girlfriend who prefers sweeter more tomatoey curries but I ended up loving it also.

hot hot hot, so going to have a cold tuna salad, tuna, white beans, onion, tomatoes, green olives , grated cheese, and anything else that sounds good. crackers maybe and iced tea. still have ice cream and truffle bars for dessert.

sauted green peppers and onions sauted in butter till soft. scrambled eggs added and cooked.
wish it was a steak!! LOL

img_839115_0_c52433aee04436d5263aac68f03b3002.jpg

I just finished making a batch of notorious JoMama Nachos in a cast iron skillet in the oven and also making homemade tasty tortilla chips ... LIFE IS GOOD! :chef:

It's time to eat! :eek:)

Dad and I had our usual - hot dogs with fried onions and root beer.

For dessert in awhile he will have his chocolate cake with ice cream and I will polish off either the cinnamon or raspberry ripple ice cream I made - got to make room for my next experiment!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom