What's cooking, Saturday July 25th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didnt make any dinner, but I had a sweet tooth so I made dessert! Peach merangue, ont op of a graham cracker crust garnished with caramelized peaches and toasted almonds
5216_217363680639_770105639_7864352_7803342_n.jpg

Grilled some steaks tonight. Since I have no gas for the grill, I ended up grabbing a bag of Kingsford for my little Weber "tabletop" kettle grill. (A giveaway from Basic cigarettes!)
Goodness. I have to say that I think I need a new grill.... a charcoal one. What flavor.

And we grilled some artichokes (good) and tried a Chardonnay something finishing sauce as a dip (bad).

Toasted penne in a sauce of shallots, garlic, herbs, white wine, mushrooms, half & half, etc.
Homemade vanilla ice cream with homemade oatmeal cookies for dessert.

"Catfish nuggets" are the belly portion of the fish that is trimmed off after the filet machine has removed the bones. Usually they will have a blackish to grayish membrane. I highly recommend that you remove the membrane, it will improve the flavor of your nuggets.

Luckily, no membrane on these - they were quite pristine. And the tacos were FABULOUS. I'll definitely be making these again.:chef:

I made some cheesey scallopped potatoes and warmed up some peas. Bf bbqd some chicken breasts with a really yummy BBQ sauce. PC has soo many great sauces and marinades this year!

the never ending salad. have some left over. may cook a little pasta to go in with the beans and tun. yellow pear shaped mini tomatoes would be good. last call on this dish. thawing out meat for crockpot for tacos

Back
Top Bottom