"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
Senior Cook

What's cooking, Saturday July 25th, 2009?

What's everyone cooking this Saturday? Saturdays and Sundays are my days off and my favourite time for being or trying to be creative in the kitchen.

Today I will be attempting my first Murg Makhani - Butter Chicken. I'm actually out of the UK at the moment and living and working in Moscow, Russia so sourcing my ingredients can be tricky on times but thankfully there is an Indian spices shop which stocks almost everything you need for most ethnic recipes. I will let you know how my first attempt goes

Bon appetit all!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
Master Chef

i need sleep!! i'll figure it out in my dreams and let you know later!! sweet dreams everyone!!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Tasty dreams Msmofet
Old 07-25-2009, 04:32 AM   #4
Head Chef

I just put North Carolina Pork BBQ in the slow cooker, made Cole Slaw. Tomorrow I will make Dilly Cucumber Salad and Slice fresh Tomatoes. And the plan is (again) to make Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I just put North Carolina Pork BBQ in the slow cooker, made Cole Slaw. Tomorrow I will make Dilly Cucumber Salad and Slice fresh Tomatoes. And the plan is (again) to make Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.
YUMMMM! Now, that sounds like a great Saturday supper! I love the name of that pie.

I wish I had fresh tomatoes to slice. My roma tomatoes are sloowwwwwwww in coming along.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Executive Chef

It is dinner time here now and I have just sat down to eat with DC! On my plate is a baked potato in its jacket topped with chive and onion cream cheese, tuna, taco sauce, grated cheese and finished with a little sour cream, served with a salad of iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, grilled eggplant and dressed with a balsamic dressing. If I get around to dessert it may be strawberries in vanilla yoghurt.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
What's everyone cooking this Saturday? Saturdays and Sundays are my days off and my favourite time for being or trying to be creative in the kitchen.

Today I will be attempting my first Murg Makhani - Butter Chicken. I'm actually out of the UK at the moment and living and working in Moscow, Russia so sourcing my ingredients can be tricky on times but thankfully there is an Indian spices shop which stocks almost everything you need for most ethnic recipes. I will let you know how my first attempt goes

Bon appetit all!
That sounds really delicious! When you work out the ingredients... could you post a recipe?

I don't know what I'm having as of yet. It might be another breakfast-type casserole (I had one a few days ago).... not sure. OR, I might have Mark go out and get chinese.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
Master Chef

I have no idea . Right now I'm in too much pain to even think about cooking.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I have no idea . Right now I'm in too much pain to even think about cooking.
That's not good - what's up??
Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Master Chef

i have some green pepper, onion, potatoes, green onion, shredded cheddar and bacon. i'm thinking sauted veggies, potatoes and bacon omlettes topped with cheddar or with fried potato and onion homefries on the side. or dipping eggs (over easy or poached) with homefries cooked with all the above bacon and veggies and some baking podwer bisuits to dip in the yolk!! or corn and bacon waffles. hmmmmmmmmmmmm i think what we are having for dinner is ..................................... BREAKFAST!!

updates to follow!! have a great day everyone!!