What's cooking, Saturday July 25th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
What's everyone cooking this Saturday? Saturdays and Sundays are my days off and my favourite time for being or trying to be creative in the kitchen.

Today I will be attempting my first Murg Makhani - Butter Chicken. I'm actually out of the UK at the moment and living and working in Moscow, Russia so sourcing my ingredients can be tricky on times but thankfully there is an Indian spices shop which stocks almost everything you need for most ethnic recipes. I will let you know how my first attempt goes :chef:

Bon appetit all!

i need sleep!! i'll figure it out in my dreams and let you know later!! sweet dreams everyone!!

I just put North Carolina Pork BBQ in the slow cooker, made Cole Slaw. Tomorrow I will make Dilly Cucumber Salad and Slice fresh Tomatoes. And the plan is (again) to make Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.

I just put North Carolina Pork BBQ in the slow cooker, made Cole Slaw. Tomorrow I will make Dilly Cucumber Salad and Slice fresh Tomatoes. And the plan is (again) to make Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.
YUMMMM! Now, that sounds like a great Saturday supper! :chef: I love the name of that pie.
yum.gif

I wish I had fresh tomatoes to slice. My roma tomatoes are sloowwwwwwww in coming along.

It is dinner time here now and I have just sat down to eat with DC! On my plate is a baked potato in its jacket topped with chive and onion cream cheese, tuna, taco sauce, grated cheese and finished with a little sour cream, served with a salad of iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, grilled eggplant and dressed with a balsamic dressing. If I get around to dessert it may be strawberries in vanilla yoghurt.

What's everyone cooking this Saturday? Saturdays and Sundays are my days off and my favourite time for being or trying to be creative in the kitchen.

Today I will be attempting my first Murg Makhani - Butter Chicken. I'm actually out of the UK at the moment and living and working in Moscow, Russia so sourcing my ingredients can be tricky on times but thankfully there is an Indian spices shop which stocks almost everything you need for most ethnic recipes. I will let you know how my first attempt goes :chef:

Bon appetit all!
That sounds really delicious! When you work out the ingredients... could you post a recipe?

I don't know what I'm having as of yet. It might be another breakfast-type casserole (I had one a few days ago).... not sure. OR, I might have Mark go out and get chinese. :ermm:

i have some green pepper, onion, potatoes, green onion, shredded cheddar and bacon. i'm thinking sauted veggies, potatoes and bacon omlettes topped with cheddar or with fried potato and onion homefries on the side. or dipping eggs (over easy or poached) with homefries cooked with all the above bacon and veggies and some baking podwer bisuits to dip in the yolk!! or corn and bacon waffles. hmmmmmmmmmmmm i think what we are having for dinner is ..................................... BREAKFAST!!

updates to follow!! have a great day everyone!!

That sounds really delicious! When you work out the ingredients... could you post a recipe?

Of course I will post the recipe once I've tried it. Right now the chicken is in the fridge marinading and I've managed to find all the ingredients for the sauce so everything's good to go :)

Whilst waiting for the chicken to marinade I quickly whizzed up a steak and onion sandwich. I made a paste with freshly ground black peppercorns, sea salt and olive oil infused with chilli and garlic and rubbed this all over the steak. Then I griddled the steak for a couple of minutes before wrapping tightly in tin foil to rest. Whilst waiting for the steak I popped in the griddle rings of onion and tomatoes which cooked in the steak juices and once the onions we're brown I layered this on the ciabatta bread. The steak was then sliced into strips and placed on top of the onion and tomatoes. It tasted absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuursh :chef:

Of course I will post the recipe once I've tried it. Right now the chicken is in the fridge marinading and I've managed to find all the ingredients for the sauce so everything's good to go :)

Whilst waiting for the chicken to marinade I quickly whizzed up a steak and onion sandwich. I made a paste with freshly ground black peppercorns, sea salt and olive oil infused with chilli and garlic and rubbed this all over the steak. Then I griddled the steak for a couple of minutes before wrapping tightly in tin foil to rest. Whilst waiting for the steak I popped in the griddle rings of onion and tomatoes which cooked in the steak juices and once the onions we're brown I layered this on the ciabatta bread. The steak was then sliced into strips and placed on top of the onion and tomatoes. It tasted absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuursh :chef:
please stop you're killing me!!!!!!!!!!! are you gonna post a pic of that sammie!! dang i will have to peek threw my fingers so as not to get over exposed to the yummieness!!

please stop you're killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sowwy hehe! I'll be less descriptive next time :-p

you gonna post a pic of that sammie!! dang i will have to peek threw my fingers so as not to get over exposed to the yummieness!!

Damm I promised myself that I would take pics of anything I cook now to share with everyone but the sandwich was so tasty I forgot :LOL:

I'll make sure I make another - not without warning you msmofet and then take a photo :)

thanks sweetie! hugs back !
when i'm in pain take out delivery is my friend!! as no one else seems to think they should have to cook or even dial a phone to order for that matter!! ok rant over!! thanks for the hug back!!

I'm sowwy hehe! I'll be less descriptive next time :-p

Damm I promised myself that I would take pics of anything I cook now to share with everyone but the sandwich was so tasty I forgot :LOL:

I'll make sure I make another - not without warning you msmofet and then take a photo :)
ok thanks that way i can put on my baking soda lined jacket that will protect me from over exposure!!

Meat loaf is one of those dishes I never make the same way twice, but it's nearly always very good, so here I am at the computer and I've been smelling this thing baking for nearly 40 minutes. I know from the past, that as soon as I take it out of the oven I'll have to have a taste, usually from the crusty corner. But then the trouble starts - Every time I return to the kitchen I just have to have another little taste, and then I begin inventing excuses for going into the kitchen; wiping down the counters, making a trip to the trash can, getting another cup of tea, etc. The excuses are endless, and as soon as I come to my senses, about a third of the loaf is now gone! Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just out of control?

when i'm in pain take out delivery is my friend!! as no one else seems to think they should have to cook or even dial a phone to order for that matter!! ok rant over!! thanks for the hug back!!

I have that problem too. Dh thinks if I don't feel like cooking, I don't feel like eating. If he cooks, it is breakfast. That may be one reason I'm not crazy about breakfast any time except morning.

Meat loaf is one of those dishes I never make the same way twice, but it's nearly always very good, so here I am at the computer and I've been smelling this thing baking for nearly 40 minutes. I know from the past, that as soon as I take it out of the oven I'll have to have a taste, usually from the crusty corner. But then the trouble starts - Every time I return to the kitchen I just have to have another little taste, and then I begin inventing excuses for going into the kitchen; wiping down the counters, making a trip to the trash can, getting another cup of tea, etc. The excuses are endless, and as soon as I come to my senses, about a third of the loaf is now gone! Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just out of control?
ummmmmmmmm lock box on the counter? or if all else fails just blame it on the dog and/or cat!! borrow if necessary!! :LOL::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom