What's cooking Saturday May 22, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I'm not sure. I have corn on the cob but I put the chicken cutlets I didn't use yesterday in the freezer. LOL I think I need to hit the supermarket and the farm market. I am so loving vine tomatoes!!

What are your plans?

Entertaining tonite. I posted a lengthy version of this in another thread:
...shrimp/greenpeas/roastedredpeppers in a pink cream sauce over pasta
...mushrooms stuffed with roastedredpepperolive-hummus, topped with fresh chives
...fresh steamed brocolli
...sauvignon blanc
...peach cobbler with ice cream

I just got up to the news that its too wet to play ball so we have the weekend off. Wow. I can hardly believe it! That means dinner will either be a rib roast or a chicken! I'll post back after I investigate the freezer.

With luck, tonight will be ABTs, fresh swordfish and salad. The ABTs were put off from earlier in the week. I hope to have time to get that done today. The swordfish is on sale today.

Me alone again tonight dashing about. It will either be another Tim Horton's sandwich or perogies if I decide to "cook".

I've either made the healthiest bread ever or the biggest mess. I was making oatmeal bread and thru my distracted state of mind put twice as much oatmeal and half as much flour as the recipe called for. It is looking good as it goes into the rise stage so if it turns out we will have that with our meal.
I saw somewhere tv, magazine or something about using olive tapenade on chicken breasts and think I may try that with some new little red potatoes and green peas and a salad of grape tomatoes, cucumbers and vidalia onions. Also I got some really good fresh peaches and will make either a cobbler or serve them sliced with french vanilla ice cream. I've had my morning swim so I'm ready to get busy on chores.

making pans of "Johnny Marzetti" for church luncheon tomorrow. One regular, one veg, and one gluten free.

Standing rib roast, potatoes (oven roast I think), zucchini and a nice salad. Dessert will be banana bread and peanut butter/nutella bread. I was going to do pie, but got distracted.

in order to make up for all the calories i ate last night going to have fish, green beans and ? maybe some cauliflower. sent most of left overs with my granddaughter. including cake and lemon sauce.

I've never heard of that. what is it?

it's a beef-a-roni type casserole, dating to the early 1900s in Ohio at a restaurant of that name. Has macaroni, grnd beef, onion bell pepper, tomato sauce, sharp cheddar and other cheeses as you like. I like to make my own sauce from canned tomatoes and paste, and I use onion carrots celery fennel garlic red wine. So the veg one has no meat but has zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms added. The gluten free uses a polenta pasta. House sure smells good right now!

Didn't feel like cooking after working in the garden and yard all day so I went and got us subs from Subway. And I treated myself to a bottle of A&W root beer.! Mmmm Mmmm

With luck, tonight will be ABTs, fresh swordfish and salad. The ABTs were put off from earlier in the week. I hope to have time to get that done today. The swordfish is on sale today.

The ABTs weren't ready until almost 7:00PM so we ate them and deferred the swordfish until tomorrow.

They were delicious. See recent post in another thread for more info.

Me alone again tonight dashing about. It will either be another Tim Horton's sandwich or perogies if I decide to "cook".

Thanks to some of my Dad's friends, I don't have to go back to the hospital tonight. I am going to cook myself a lemon and herb chicken breast with noodles and salad. For dessert I am going to have fresh fruit salad and yogurt.

once again what i posted earlier is not what i had. toasted a sesame burger bun, put butter fried piece of fish, mayo and provolone cheese on it, and butter lettuce. was very yummy. did feel like the whole meal things. i over did yesterday and am very tired today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom