What's cooking Saturday October 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
the plan is pork loin roast ($.99 per lb), mixed veggies and/or spinach, stuffing (maybe), mashed taters and gravy. maybe an apple crisp or apple pie for dessert.

what about you?

Leftovers... we may be going to a marching band festival tonight, so will be there over the dinner hour.

It's indoors...
I would really like to see a football team come out during intermission and run a few plays.

Planning to con my husband into taking me out to eat. ;)
Truly I have been doing really well planning meals and not falling back on fast food or box dinners, I am due.

This morning I started 2 big pots of stock on the stove. I roasted a turkey last weekend and froze the carcass to make stock the following weekend. Plan is to make a risotto tonight with seafood of some sort I think. Will see what looks good.

not sure, gonna roast a chicken , for sandwiches tomorrow when daughter and two granddaughters come over. maybe i will have a piece of that. thinking also i will attempt home made pizza. got all the stuff. who knows (the shadow do)

annual event tonight at a friends farm: bonfire, weinie roast and hayride....will be wearing the insulated coveralls!

hot dogs and taking cole slaw....always a nice assortment of foods at this gathering..

annual event tonight at a friends farm: bonfire, weinie roast and hayride....will be wearing the insulated coveralls!

hot dogs and taking cole slaw....always a nice assortment of foods at this gathering..
sweetest day?

My mother is over today. She has congestive heart failure and is in the early stage of dementia. With all the meds. she is on, her taste buds are not working. She complains about food being bland. So I figured Taco's would tickle her taste buds. She is also eating very little so I am not bothering with the usual sides.

My mother is over today. She has congestive heart failure and is in the early stage of dementia. With all the meds. she is on, her taste buds are not working. She complains about food being bland. So I figured Taco's would tickle her taste buds. She is also eating very little so I am not bothering with the usual sides.
I'm sorry Patty. I hope your Mom enjoys her visit with you and dinner!

Leftovers... we may be going to a marching band festival tonight, so will be there over the dinner hour.

Those are always fun!! The marching festival not leftovers!! It's great to see the kids perform without having to sit through a football game.

I made hamburgers with green beans tonight.

Dinner 10/17/09:

Roast pork loin, stuffing (celery, onion, powdered porcini, herbs and mushroom), spinach, mashed potatoes and pan gravy.

img_857201_0_8e049d5b4115ef781b099bf88a042388.jpg

img_857201_1_ceabd2cae55aa6dcc2c0b8e0a8298275.jpg

Apple crisp for dessert later (i didn't take a picture yet).

I made apple crisp with 12 kinds of apples (1 of each kind), cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, brown sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Topping of melted butter, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest.

img_857212_0_131b79ea81958779ca3a991c9398adf2.jpg

img_857212_1_f4c027e26b5d92760667b0968270dd2e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom