What's Cooking Saturday, September 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meatloaf, mashed red potatoes (with sour cream and chives) and spinach

img_1188647_0_f84952d33110ac4a5687ef2b87098ac1.jpg

We both slept in this morning and had to go across the river to get DH's gluten free bread. We decided to have a late lunch and went to our favourite fish and chips place. They call it "Cockney Kings" and is very true to the Old English style. They even wrap leftovers and takeouts in newsprint - it is specially printed for them and food-safe! :)

I had the combo - two pieces of fish (I chose Cod and Salmon) and their awesome fries, with coleslaw and homemade tartar sauce. DH had the seafood platter with haddock, oysters, prawns and scallops.

But we are both fighting off colds and only ate part of it so we have the rest for supper! :yum:

TL, some friends bought it here in Canada and they agreed with Andy nothing to write home about.

It's nothing like the pizza the sell in the store. The crust is really bad and the topping ain't great.
I just wanted a pizza and can't make one or drive to get one.

James and I had the same thing, but almost entirely different. :wacko: He doesn't like really spicy foods (mainly, they don't like him and his acid reflux), and I do. I made almost identical meals in two separate pans. For James, Hillshire Farm Beef & Bacon sausage, cooked with canned diced tomatoes and frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend. For me, Hillshire Farm Beef & Jalapeno sausage, cooked with canned diced tomatoes with green chilies and frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend. :yum::yum:

Well I had pork chops I needed to use up as well as some pears from the pear tree so I changed up my pork chop, apple, and sweet potato recipe to be pork chops, pears, and sweet potato and used some ginger and allspice in it. REALLY good....

that DOES sound good, dave!! Ginger has so many important health benefits. I put ginger in a grilled sesame seed tofu dish I made with some spinach and green onions, and soy sauce.

YUM MM..lovely looking meal, love meatloaf!
Thank you Kylie.

I used 3 lb ground beef, 1/4 fresh onion, 1/2 green bell pepper, 1 envelope dry beefy onion soup mix, 2 TBSP spicy brown mustard, 2 TBSP ketchup, 1 egg, 1 cup uncooked rolled oats, powdered dry porcini mushroom, salt, ground pepper and 1/3 block of Cabot Extra Cheddar (diced). I divided it into 2 free form loaves. I put them on the broiler pan and cooked them on 450F convection roast for 35 minutes. So we had 1 loaf last night and the other is for tonight. Not sure what the sides will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylie1969 said:
Chopper, it is the simmer sauce made from the same stuff that Nandos use in their burgers and with their chicken, it is very tasty :)

Ok. Thanks. I just had never heard of it. Sounds good.

Thank you Kylie.

I used 3 lb ground beef, 1/4 fresh onion, 1/2 green bell pepper, 1 envelope dry beefy onion soup mix, 2 TBSP spicy brown mustard, 2 TBSP ketchup, 1 egg, 1 cup uncooked rolled oats, powdered dry porcini mushroom, salt, ground pepper and 1/3 block of Cabot Extra Cheddar (diced). I divided it into 2 free form loaves. I put them on the broiler pan and cooked them on 450F convection roast for 35 minutes. So we had 1 loaf last night and the other is for tonight. Not sure what the sides will be.

Thanks for the recipe MM :yum:

Back
Top Bottom