What's cooking? Sun.12/23/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
The eve of Christmas eve...

I'm putting together what should be an unusual chicken soup....
chicken broth, wild rice, kale, mushrooms, carrot, onion, bacon, rotisserie chicken, and cream. Anyone with any more ideas for me? :chef:

Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us.

I'm going to make Tuna Melts with a handful of chips. Especially so the young Miss Dainty Paws gets a tuna treat today. She's been so helpful with wrapping paper and ribbons and scotch tape, and poking her nose into every paper bag, right there to help. :cat:

Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us.

I'm going to make Tuna Melts with a handful of chips. Especially so the young Miss Dainty Paws gets a tuna treat today. She's been so helpful with wrapping paper and ribbons and scotch tape, and poking her nose into every paper bag, right there to help. :cat:

Aww, I really missed my Mr. Blackee when I was wrapping gifts this year. He was 'helpful' as well. :LOL: First Christmas in 17 years without him.

I have a piece of pork roast that needs to be cooked. I think I'll just pan-sear it and serve with buttered egg noodles and sautéed rainbow chard from the garden.

I had a bowl of Progresso Tomato Basil soup (very good, btw!), and a small salad for dinner. Trying to keep the kitchen as clean as possible until after Christmas. :)

Chicken and dumplings.

Our Miss Mindy has been doing her best to get into the large shopping bag with the DGDs presents. They are getting 3 or 4 small presents each and the rest in cash. DD already got her present, we had to buy a computer for her on an emergency basis a few weeks ago. She had to take a couple of on line courses for a work promotion and was going to use a Chromebook. Nope, that wasn't up to snuff. Course she waited until nearly last minute to check the requirements so we ended up scrambling. She's getting a small present, as well as a couple of small presents for 2 guests that will be there. Good thing though, everything can go in bags, so I hit the dollar store today and got bags and tissue paper.

My sweet neighbor just brought me some beautiful fresh-caught walleye filets. Will season and pan fry.

Supper was a fend for yourself deal because I made a big brunch around 2. Overnight French toast, mixed fruits, a pound each of breakfast sausage and thick cut bacon. All the meat is gone! Unbelievable...(then again, I managed to get my share :yum: )
IMG_20181223_142649760.jpg

Last edited:
The eve of Christmas eve...

I'm putting together what should be an unusual chicken soup....
chicken broth, wild rice, kale, mushrooms, carrot, onion, bacon, rotisserie chicken, and cream. Anyone with any more ideas for me? :chef:

SC requested I do a casserole instead of soup with the ingredients. I was happy to give it a go and I put my thinking cap on with a slight change of plans. Sherry, sliced almonds, and Gruyre cream sauce came to the party with the other ingredients.

It turned out remarkably well, and unlike anything I've done before. Fun!!

SC is thrilled that I wrote it all down so I can make it again.

Attachments

• PC230029[1].jpg
    PC230029[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 103
Went to daughter & sil's with gifts and things I need to cook Christmas Eve dinner. Prepped the roast to sit uncovered in the fridge until time to cook..

By the time we were ready to go home, I decided not to cook so, we stopped at a fave Italian place for salads and cheesy bread..

Went home and had pie while watching Netflix..

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom