What's cooking Sunday 9-18-16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic's as promised.

It was good and I'll have lunch for a couple of days :rolleyes:

Seared in a hot pan. Flipped, and then into a 400 degree oven for aprox. 20 mins

Pulled at Internal 155 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 141
OMGosh, I'm dying over the pics here. Wonderful sounding menus and gorgeous food pics!

I went to the matinee this afternoon and had some buttered popcorn :pig:, so this evening's dinner was just a quesadilla. I used a little more of the seasoned ground beef from recent taco salads, and the rest of it got bagged up for the freezer. I love Penzey's Arizona Dreaming for seasoned taco salad meat, it will definitely be a pleasure to find it again after a month or so. Or sooner. :yum:

Chicken drumsticks sprinkled with Pappy's Seasoning, then into small cast iron skillet with a bit of oil and cooked lightly to bring out the seasonings, then into the oven to bake. Mashed potatoes, green beans, flaky Pillsbury Grands. I could only find the large flaky Grands, so I'll see how well the dough stores in the fridge. Maybe 2 days tops? Some say I should bake them all at once and foil wrap the uneaten ones.

P.S. Has anyone seen the smaller Pillsbury layered flaky biscuits in stores? They may have discontinued them.

Last edited:
Chicken drumsticks sprinkled with Pappy's Seasoning, then into small cast iron skillet with a bit of oil and cooked lightly to bring out the seasonings, then into the oven to bake. Mashed potatoes, green beans, flaky Pillsbury Grands. I could only find the large flaky Grands, so I'll see how well the dough stores in the fridge. Maybe 2 days tops? Some say I should bake them all at once and foil wrap the uneaten ones.

P.S. Has anyone seen the smaller Pillsbury layered flaky biscuits in stores? They may have discontinued them.

Are you talking about the ones that come in a 4-pak? Because I just bought some of those a couple of weeks ago.

Yu guys and your shrimp - it's 10:30pm here and now I want to make some garlic shrimp!

I tried the meatballs in the crock pot again. This time I mixed bread crumbs with buttermilk and I left out the Worcestershire sauce, the liquid smoke, and some other stuff I can't remember now. All I put in was garlic, onion, the bread crumbs, an egg, and some of that double concentrated tomato paste in a tube.

The flavor was better, but I think I put in too many breadcrumbs. My meatballs sort of fell apart under the broiler and then broke up even more when I took them out of the crock pot. I ended up with meat flavored sauce. That was fine, though - I had enough meatballs to fill me up and enough meat flavored sauce for two more meals.

So...texture is good, flavor is better but could be improved upon, and now I just have to work on keeping the meatballs looking like meatballs.

You guys and your shrimp! It's 10:30pm here and now all I want to eat is garlic shrimp.

Last edited:
Dawgluver: yes, but this is lactose free , I think is the egg that gets me. I am not allergic, I can eat cake and cookies with egg but not boiled egg. I love flan, too. Next curry dinner I will try to make a cardamom flan and just taste one spoon.

I'm not sure the photo for our dinner compares to all of yours, but I'm posting it anyway. The pickles are from Batch 3. They are so much crispier than Batch 2. Trying to decide if it's because they are smaller, or because they were from the farmers' market. Might be twice the price of grocery store ones, but worth the extra $$ when I put work into making them.

Attachments

• 2016-09-18 21.31.20.jpg
    2016-09-18 21.31.20.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 123
I had a version of that in a restaurant once. It was delicious! Good thing the Greeks ignore the Italian rule against mixing seafood and cheese! :ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

I thought the feta and shrimp would be strange too but it was a good combo. The saltiness added to the dish, almost like a puttanesca.

glad you liked it.

I occasionally make a shrimp / tomato / green pepper / onion / feta / rice / clam dish. The liquid is a combination of chicken stock and apple juice. The apple juice gives it some sweetness to offset the feta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom