What's cooking Sunday 9/25/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have fried chicken, fries or mashed potatoes and corn or broccoli.

The plan is pork tenderloin stuffed with chorizo, spinach, parmesan. Served on risotto Milanese and roasted butternut squash...
But, my brother just arrived and went out to fill my fridge with beer so, who knows what is going to happen...:LOL:

I have some bulk sausage that needs cooked so I'll be making sausage gravy casserole for supper. We went out for lunch with the kids after church this morning so not really hungry.

I'm trying a new recipe for roast chicken. It's skillet roasted chicken with potatoes from Cooks Country.

I threw a cup of Parmesan cheese into some sour cream, some regular cream, and a can of cream of potato along with some parsley and basil, a quarter cup of macaroni, and some cut up chicken breast, and mixed it all together before putting it in the oven. That was last night and I still felt too sick to eat more than a mouthful.

But it was good and since I was feeling much better today, I decided to taste a couple bites more. It's still good, so I'm having the rest for supper. The macaroni noodles never got really done, but it's edible and if I feel up to it, I'm going to add some bacon to it this evening.

Husband did pulled pork, with apple sauce and bread today. It was really lovely.

Local library has a rack of donated books that aren't needed and are for sale. Someone must have cleaned out their cookbook shelf and I picked up a copy of "The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cook Book", with recipes from a well known restaurant on Martha's Vineyard. I spent a whole dollar on it.

There are a few bluefish recipes (a favorite of The Black Dog), and bluefish has been available lately at the local supermarket. Tonight it will be Bluefish Genovese, bluefish filet roasted with new potatoes, basil, and garlic. Green salad on the side.

Finishing up some leftover chicken tonight, so I threw together a Caesar salad. The dressing is from scratch.

img_1481544_0_c9eb79246b42a1a26a8da0bd55226ea7.jpg

Made a mashed potato, green chile, cheddar cheese casserole to go with some leftover tomato and cucumber salad. Think I need to sneak some smoked turkey slices under the mashed potatoes.

Happy Birthday to your DH, K-Girl!

Geez, Roch, I wish I had a brother like that...

tenspeed, our library is having their semi-annual (quarterly?) book sale starting this Thursday. If I have to stop at the library later this week (and I will make SURE I have to stop...), I usually walk out with a couple new cookbooks. $1 or 2 for the hardbounds, 25-50 cents for paperback? Even if I decide I don't like them, it's no biggie if I donate them right back for the next sale. ;)

Nice salad, Steve.

CWS, the pirogi sounds really good. I've never thought of it, and I'll add tortellini or tiny raviolis to Italian-style soups often.

I have a pot of beans with ham simmering on one burner, frying off some bacon pieces on another, and we'll be enjoying my Mom's ham and bean soup in an hour or so. That is, if I get my butt up from the table and make the roux! Gotta go! Pic later...

Folks, this will be our first entry into the "Winter Squash" challenge after we finish compiling the recipe, with some pics. Butternut Squash Ravioli with Chicken Marsala filling. We had this tonight.:yum:

37240-albums1041-picture6699.jpg

Found this in the freezer yesterday morning
N.Y. Strip.jpg

And what goes better with it then.
Z Tater.jpg

For something green.
Z Broc.jpg

And there will be lots of.
Z S & P & Butter.jpg

DH made dinner tonight - wine-butt chicken on the grill, mashed potatoes I had frozen in July and steamed green beans. Maybe I can get through tomorrow without a headache.

Pizza in a bowl, pizza meatballs, tomato sauce, cheese and parmesan cheese, all melty.
Asian zucchini, with onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, sesame seed oil, salt and pepper.

Happy Birthday to your DH, K-Girl!

Geez, Roch, I wish I had a brother like that...

tenspeed, our library is having their semi-annual (quarterly?) book sale starting this Thursday. If I have to stop at the library later this week (and I will make SURE I have to stop...), I usually walk out with a couple new cookbooks. $1 or 2 for the hardbounds, 25-50 cents for paperback? Even if I decide I don't like them, it's no biggie if I donate them right back for the next sale. ;)

Nice salad, Steve.

CWS, the pirogi sounds really good. I've never thought of it, and I'll add tortellini or tiny raviolis to Italian-style soups often.

I have a pot of beans with ham simmering on one burner, frying off some bacon pieces on another, and we'll be enjoying my Mom's ham and bean soup in an hour or so. That is, if I get my butt up from the table and make the roux! Gotta go! Pic later...
I was happy with it. I wanted a creamy base, so I thickened it by blending the stock with mashed potatoes. I added grated cheese since the pirogi contain cheese, onion, potato, and bacon...added bacon, S&P. I had made the pirogi awhile back, so they were in the freezer. Tossed the pirogi in and topped the soup with crumbled bacon, sour cream, and some caramelized onion, pretty tasty for something to make that would use up stuff in the freezer, pantry, and fridge. If I had leftover pork chop or sausage hanging around, I could have tossed that in.

Back
Top Bottom