"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
Master Chef

well dinner went out the window!! the stouffer's lasagna is only for conventional oven not microwave and i am not turning the oven on!! it's 80 degrees in here now with 2 a/c on!! no clue whats for dinner.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
Master Chef

we had oatmeal with butter, brown sugar, raisins and pure maple syrup added while cooking. served with a bit of milk.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

left over tuna casserole, corn salsa , thought that might perk up the bland casserole. asparagus just steamed served with mayo
still have done the pie, gonna try again. sliced tomato from my garden
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 AM   #14
Senior Cook

We had the left over stew from Saturday I think it's going to be perfect for a cold Moscow winter!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
Master Chef

This was our dinner last night. I have to say I was disappointed with the chicken recipe, because the coating didn't really seem to stick. It didn't call for any egg for coating the chicken and the flour wasn't seasoned. I added onion/garlic powders, paprika and salt but didn't use egg. The potato salad recipe turned out great, though. I used red potatoes, and they held up well for the salad. That and the corn was the best part of dinner! They are great salad potatoes! Here are some pictures.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
This was our dinner last night. I have to say I was disappointed with the chicken recipe, because the coating didn't really seem to stick. It didn't call for any egg for coating the chicken and the flour wasn't seasoned. I added onion/garlic powders, paprika and salt but didn't use egg. The potato salad recipe turned out great, though. I used red potatoes, and they held up well for the salad. That and the corn was the best part of dinner! They are great salad potatoes! Here are some pictures.

It certainly looks damm tasty to me I havent had potato salad for ages and you've inspired me to make some now. Thanks VB
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
It certainly looks damm tasty to me I havent had potato salad for ages and you've inspired me to make some now. Thanks VB
And don't for get the MUSTARD!!!

Just kidding! I just happen to like mustard in my potato salad dressing. I think that must be a Southern thing.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post

that looks yummy VB!! i always use unpeeled red potatoes for salad!! they don't fall apart. what recipe did you use?

i posted mine awhile back.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
And don't for get the MUSTARD!!!

Just kidding! I just happen to like mustard in my potato salad dressing. I think that must be a Southern thing.
i put dry colmans mustard in my potato salad!!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Believe it or not I've never actually made it before - yeah I know I'm still a spring chicken when it comes to cooking - but I'll have to do a search of your potato salad recipes and give one of them a whirl with mustard of cause