What's cooking Sunday August 16, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
it's going to be over 90F again today and tomorrow. i think it will be frozen microwave stouffer's lasagna.

whats cooking by you?

it's going to be over 90F again today and tomorrow. i think it will be frozen microwave stouffer's lasagna.

whats cooking by you?

When I am in the travel trailer the heat is a factor in what is for dinner. When it gets a little over 90 the AC can't keep up.

i am after traveling for 6 months for two weeks back at my parents house..and i love my mums food..so i eat...MUMSFOOD, sooooo good

Grilling portobellos, red and green peppers, zucchini and eggplant to accompany sweet Italian sausages also cooked on the grill. Not sure if I want to cook a little pasta to toss with the veggies or not.

When I am in the travel trailer the heat is a factor in what is for dinner. When it gets a little over 90 the AC can't keep up.
yeah we used to have 2 nice big trees that gave us shade but the town cut them down, now when it gets up to 90 the 2 a/c's barely helps keeps it about 80 insdie during the day and thats to hot for me! i can't breathe very good due to my allergies when it is hot and the a/c doesn't help much either when this hot.

grilling some baby backs,a tomato,mozzarella,basil salad,garlic bread, homemade mac and cheese,grilled eggplant with evoo,garlic then topped with some Parmesan when done,platter of watermelon, peaches,nectarines. Ice cream sammies for dessert.

kadesma:)

grilling some baby backs,a tomato,mozzarella,basil salad,garlic bread, homemade mac and cheese,grilled eggplant with evoo,garlic then topped with some Parmesan when done,platter of watermelon, peaches,nectarines. Ice cream sammies for dessert.

kadesma:)
oh yummy!! i want some of that.

fried chicken, potato salad... not sure what else to have with it.
sounds yummy!!

it's to hot to make fried chick here. with my fried chicken i like potato salad, mac salad, beans salad (kidney beans and cannilini beans, salt, ground black pepper, yellow onion sliced very thin into half moons, olive oil, red wine vinegar and crushed dry or chopped fine oregano) and cold string bean or brocolli salad (fresh string beans or fresh brocolli steamed till just tender and bright in color, fresh garlic cut into slivers, salt, ground black pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice) and sometimes a tossed mixed green salad.

well dinner went out the window!! the stouffer's lasagna is only for conventional oven not microwave and i am not turning the oven on!! it's 80 degrees in here now with 2 a/c on!! no clue whats for dinner.

we had oatmeal with butter, brown sugar, raisins and pure maple syrup added while cooking. served with a bit of milk.

left over tuna casserole, corn salsa , thought that might perk up the bland casserole. asparagus just steamed served with mayo
still have done the pie, gonna try again. sliced tomato from my garden

This was our dinner last night. I have to say I was disappointed with the chicken recipe, because the coating didn't really seem to stick. :neutral: It didn't call for any egg for coating the chicken and the flour wasn't seasoned. I added onion/garlic powders, paprika and salt but didn't use egg. The potato salad recipe turned out great, though. :chef: I used red potatoes, and they held up well for the salad. That and the corn was the best part of dinner! :ermm: They are great salad potatoes! Here are some pictures.

img_845581_0_0e9014cbafecf4864e92077552ec7adb.jpg

img_845581_1_3c150359bfdf1d2b84b9dde7b542c8a4.jpg

img_845581_2_030f4fd92a15926414049837d33bfbda.jpg

This was our dinner last night. I have to say I was disappointed with the chicken recipe, because the coating didn't really seem to stick. :neutral: It didn't call for any egg for coating the chicken and the flour wasn't seasoned. I added onion/garlic powders, paprika and salt but didn't use egg. The potato salad recipe turned out great, though. :chef: I used red potatoes, and they held up well for the salad. That and the corn was the best part of dinner! :ermm: They are great salad potatoes! Here are some pictures.

img_845585_0_0e9014cbafecf4864e92077552ec7adb.jpg

img_845585_1_3c150359bfdf1d2b84b9dde7b542c8a4.jpg

img_845585_2_030f4fd92a15926414049837d33bfbda.jpg

It certainly looks damm tasty to me :D I havent had potato salad for ages and you've inspired me to make some now. Thanks VB :)

It certainly looks damm tasty to me :D I havent had potato salad for ages and you've inspired me to make some now. Thanks VB :)

And don't for get the MUSTARD!!!

Just kidding! :LOL: I just happen to like mustard in my potato salad dressing. I think that must be a Southern thing.

img_845741_0_0e9014cbafecf4864e92077552ec7adb.jpg

img_845741_1_3c150359bfdf1d2b84b9dde7b542c8a4.jpg

img_845741_2_030f4fd92a15926414049837d33bfbda.jpg
that looks yummy VB!! i always use unpeeled red potatoes for salad!! they don't fall apart. what recipe did you use?

i posted mine awhile back.

And don't for get the MUSTARD!!!

Just kidding! :LOL: I just happen to like mustard in my potato salad dressing. I think that must be a Southern thing.
i put dry colmans mustard in my potato salad!!

Believe it or not I've never actually made it before - yeah I know I'm still a spring chicken when it comes to cooking :LOL: - but I'll have to do a search of your potato salad recipes and give one of them a whirl :) with mustard of cause :D

Back
Top Bottom